• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Haircut a "go" or "no go" according to dress regs?

Is my haircut a "go" or "no go" according to the quoted Dress Regulations?

• Yes (Go)

Votes: 69 68.3%
  • No Go

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Grey area

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the mean time, some "leadership" will prefer their troops look like skinheads than US Rangers/Marines. That'll show those Soviets when they finally get with the program and cross the Fulda Gap.... Let's all take a moment of silence for common sense now.

Buzz, looking good bro. :) All you need now is a MiniBuzz and the look is complete.

I don't even like that "mitaine arctique" term.. the one I grew to know it as was "ranger cut".. makes it sound nice and professional.

Bzzliteyr said:
I don't even like that "mitaine arctique" term.. the one I grew to know it as was "ranger cut".. makes it sound nice and professional.

Is "high and tight" really that unknown!?  I mean almost every Marine in every Hollywood flick, recruiting ad, newspaper shot, you name it, has one of these cuts.  I'd at least think people would have started associating it with them instead of the arctic mitt, even if they don't use the nomenclature for it. 

Perhaps it's a Quebec thing; when I lived in Ontario before joining, I had one of these, and people I knew would assume I was in the military, and I'd always have to say, "NO, I'm still just tryin' to get in!"  Perhaps it's due to different amount of exposure to American culture/media? 

Although if when adopted ;D, perhaps "mitaine arctique" could become the Canadian name for it. 

I'd say that the original haircut was more than OK.

I can think of half a dozen NCOs and officers with the same haircut in my unit - never any problems - and we're the best unit in the country.

GO!!! said:
never any problems - and we're the best unit in the country.

Most humble one, too!  ;D

I have actually sported the first cut once or twice, never any problems, and that was at the Canadian Forces School of C**k Enforment

Like it's been said before. It's one of those ambiguously worded regs that is left up to the interpretation and enforcement of your RSM.

So, as each RSM at each Unit is a different person....

I guess we can say it's safe to lock this one up, until the regs get clearly defined or someone has something significant to add.

Vern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back