• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Haircut a "go" or "no go" according to dress regs?

Is my haircut a "go" or "no go" according to the quoted Dress Regulations?

• Yes (Go)

Votes: 69 68.3%
  • No Go

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Grey area

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
SupersonicMax said:
Here's my haircut, is this legal? 

top_gun_maverick_tom_cruise_suited.jpg

:D

Max

Yep, now go start jumping up and down on the CDS's couch!!  :D

hum..not sure...is mine all right...

Supersonic gave me a good cue to check out.

98401.jpg

Perhaps I shall put up a pic of my hair when it's cut later tonight. Get ready  :-*  :D

Buzz, just get the Bic out, brudda. Unless you have an ugly bump (ala moi) on le pate, you look like you should be fine with "the Telly Sevalas". Then your RSM can get back to worrying about important things, like if your boots require an eigth or ninth coat of polish. :rolleyes: Either that or just shadow some real shitbird that could *actually* use some sorting out. Make you look like you're rolling sevens all day. :)

Sitrep:  Guess what hand sign I saw the RSM doing to me this afternoon (though I was told by my SSM I could just grow it out)??  The international hand sign for "GET RID OF YOUR FREAKING HAIR..BY TOMORROW"  (loosely translated from the french hand sign and lip reading).

Result, taken in civvies at my dad's house two hours later in Montreal:

Well I guess, then, that we can consider your RSMs interpretation of the Dress Regs....enforced!!

Ahhh, no worries, the new one looks good on you too!!  :D

If your RSM thinks that looks better militarilly than a nice high tight haircut than he's a moron......

So I look like a burnt out crack fiend now.. it'll go well with our piss tests tomorrow morning for TF 0307... Muahahaha

I was going to try and fight the system and take a charge.. but they said the fine could run all the way up to....one meeeellion dollars...

Hollywood here I come!!!

So let's summarize- The answer was "no go", with the RSM having the most important vote and you are going to change your screen name to "Buzzed Like My Head".

Perhaps your RSM saw your picture on-line in this topic and decided to make an example of you?

He had already seen me at work.. so nothing new seeing my picture here.  I was not going against his orders, I merely posted on here asking what people opinions were.  As you stated yourself Gunner98, there is some stuff left up to interpretation, and it's that part that I lost out to.

My hair is now in accordance with regulations and I have no worries about presenting myself to work tomorrow.  If I keep it this way, I can ensure that I will remain out of trouble.

;D Only if you're walking down the flightline with 80's rock blaring over the speakers.

BZZLITEYR
              Take the charge buddy and redress the results if I goes against you an keep on doing
it until you reach someone with some intelligence.there is nothing wrong with your haircut and
I believe your SSM is just playing power games with you.do you have other issues with him?.
                I fought the hair  battle in the 70s on behalf of my troopies and know a lot of these
power trippers will back down if they find you are willing to stand up and be counted.
              At the very least you will learn a little about Mil.Law.
                                                Regards

Whats wrong with Short back and sides? I'm not a fan of the high and tight in the slightest. Makes you look like your in the army or something  ::)
My theory is that if mum likes it, the big boss will like it. Thus, short back and sides, i dont look like a Yank and i can go out on the weekend without getting pointed at by attractive females who think i'm a tool. I live on the other side of the world though, i suppose things are different here. Your Marine cut didnt look at all tapered, you cant shave the sides and leave the top. Theres got to be a bit all over. RBD has a good army cut. Stick up a snap Frank, give us a sqiz! CARN! Bit on the top but still enough on the sides to be cool.
I just really dont like the high and tight

geo said:
In time, hair regulations will mellow and the flat top "high and tight" will get the official Okie dokie.... till then - patience

So I take this to mean that some people have attempted to modernize this area of the dress regs and it's in the pipeline?

Yup, I'm also a big fan of the high and tight, and have a similar, albeit less dramatic story than our friend BZZLITEYR. 

Kilo Mike said:
So I take this to mean that some people have attempted to modernize this area of the dress regs and it's in the pipeline?
Are there people who like the high and tight.... obviously.  Given enough time, some of the junior leaders who do will go up in rank and, with some luck, troops will be allowed to do the Mitten cut.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back