• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

• Thread starter Thread starter McG
  • Start date Start date
I’m thinking that won’t work out very well for them.

Admittedly that would make things come full circle because the whole Desert One fiasco created JSOC, and Round 2 would be a whole lot different.
I really believe US powers that be would love Iran to give them a reason to strike Iran or to open up a major campaign, I also think Iran knows this.

I really believe US powers that be would love Iran to give them a reason to strike Iran or to open up a major campaign, I also think Iran knows this.
We moved 2 Carriers, a Marine TF, and multiple squadrons of USAF aircraft into the area.
I believe that the Biden Admin has learned they looking weak or unprepared is an invitation for the enemy.

France is the one suggesting that we expand the Syrian mission to wipe out Hamas and their supporters (including Iran, and probably very clear to Russia that FAFO is getting close).

I don’t think that POTUS wants to expand the conflict, but limited strikes into Syria and Iran may be on the table if they don’t get the message.

We moved 2 Carriers, a Marine TF, and multiple squadrons of USAF aircraft into the area.
I believe that the Biden Admin has learned they looking weak or unprepared is an invitation for the enemy.

France is the one suggesting that we expand the Syrian mission to wipe out Hamas and their supporters (including Iran, and probably very clear to Russia that FAFO is getting close).

I don’t think that POTUS wants to expand the conflict, but limited strikes into Syria and Iran may be on the table if they don’t get the message.
What's the best guess on why France (Marcon) is suddenly so Hawkish? He's not up for re-election anytime soon and I'm sure French going balls to the wall on something like this would surely lead to internal attacks in France. What's his angle?

What's the best guess on why France (Marcon) is suddenly so Hawkish? He's not up for re-election anytime soon and I'm sure French going balls to the wall on something like this would surely lead to internal attacks in France. What's his angle?
Massive influx of Islamist violence that will make Algerian friction look like kindergarten recess…

I'm curious since UN is suppose to be open to all nations to participate in, even though it's on US soil, shouldn't the US have to allow politicians in to speak at the UN as their countries representative even if they are not on good terms with US?

I'm not in support of Iran, but I feel they should have the right to say what they want at the UN, as with any nation. If US had the power to vet every speaker there, wouldn't that kind of defeat the whole concept of the UN?

I'm curious since UN is suppose to be open to all nations to participate in, even though it's on US soil, shouldn't the US have to allow politicians in to speak at the UN as their countries representative even if they are not on good terms with US?

I'm not in support of Iran, but I feel they should have the right to say what they want at the UN, as with any nation. If US had the power to vet every speaker there, wouldn't that kind of defeat the whole concept of the UN?
We allow Nations to have permanent reps - but additional folks who want to speak are subject to us allowing them in.

The concept of the UN is to protect the power structure at the end of WWII (hence the permanent security council members). Everything else they do is to pretend that it benefits other nations to make them a part of supporting those structures.

If it was truly about uniting everyone there would be no such thing as veto powers.

Back