• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

• Thread starter Thread starter McG
  • Start date Start date
Has anybody else heard about a recent operation in which Israeli troops were partially responsible for the killing of Israeli hostages from a small home in Gaza?

I was listening to a radio show today (Israeli state broadcaster) that was interviewing the lone surviving hostage from the incident, where she describes the hostages being caught in a massive crossfire between Hamas militants & Israeli troops

From what she describes, I don't think they were being used as human shields, and I'm sure the intelligence situation on the ground is extremely fluid & conflicting.

But the house was hit with 2 rounds from a Merkava, and the IDF quickly mopped up whoever was left...including 15 hostages or so.

Anybody else hear about this?

(I've tried Googling it, but so far I've found nothing mentioned)

Last edited:
Has anybody else heard about a recent operation in which Israeli troops were partially responsible for the killing of Israeli hostages from a small home in Gaza?

I was listening to a radio show today (Israeli state broadcaster) that was interviewing the lone surviving hostage from the incident, where she describes the hostages being caught in a massive crossfire between Hamas militants & Israeli troops

From what she describes, I don't think they were being used as human shields, and I'm sure the intelligence situation on the ground is extremely fluid & conflicting.

But the house was hit with 2 rounds from a Merkava, and the IDF quickly mopped up whoever was left...including 15 hostages or so.

Anybody else hear about this?

(I've tried Googling it, but so far I've found nothing mentioned)

I haven't read about that one example yet, but I'm sure some hostages are going to be killed as collateral damage.

I'm not saying it's right, but we all know Hamas is the type to put weapons and soldiers in places that are generally out of bounds for targets. Places like schools and places of worship.

They are definitely housing at least some of the hostages in places that are likely to be targeted.

I'm sure Israel isn't wilfully killing their own citizens that are hostages but there is little they can do about it, knowing how hamas operates.

Hamas most likely only took the hostages jn the first place because they thought it would have prevented a massive counterattack. It didn't, which overall I think is a better outcome for Israel as a whole. Because it prevents hamas from taking hostages in the future if they have no real value. This may sound cold, and it is , but I think it's tactically sound.

Personally I'd rather be killed than taken a hostage by Hamas.

With all that said. I know Israel is making efforts to rescue the hostages they can. And there has been at least a few who have been rescued so far. But it's pretty much impossible to rescue all of them

I would imagine Israel can’t occupy indefinitely, great time for Trudeau to send in the blue helmet CAF members to keep the peace…
OMG. certainly hope not. Take craniak knob out of anal oriface and convene 37 or so meetings and do nothing!

We are going to hell in a handbasket.

I get the outrage over the amount of death and destruction being inflicted upon Gaza.

But a LOT of the comments/posts/videos like this one came right after the attack, before the IDF even started responding.

The glee in this woman's face makes me sick to my stomach.

It makes me sick also. It's blatant antisemitism.

I used to think Britain was so much worse with unchecked religious extremism than us. But actions of last couple weeks with everyone from the housewife to the educated politician, all positions in our society that have been proud to announce their support of Hamas.

It's more than sickening, it actually makes me fearful.

We are going to hell in a handbasket.

I get the outrage over the amount of death and destruction being inflicted upon Gaza.

But a LOT of the comments/posts/videos like this one came right after the attack, before the IDF even started responding.

The glee in this woman's face makes me sick to my stomach.

Agreed. We've fucked up big time... And the butchers bill is in the mail.

not helping fox broadcast GIF by Fox TV
Neither is this latest from our NATO "ally" (also archived here) ...
Also, Al Jazeera didn't have room to include statements from Western governments saying "hey, it was a Hamas own goal there" ...
... while "the lads" chat

Not so fast:

Morning: Canada's defence minister says Hamas a threat to world, must be 'eliminated'

Afternoon: Foreign Affairs Minister - Canada calling for 'humanitarian pauses' to be considered amid Israel-Hamas war

"A civilian is a civilian. We need more humanitarian aid entering Gaza, and for Canadians to be able to exit," Joly said, in a post on X that stopped short of calling for a full and immediate ceasefire, which many including the UN secretary-general are calling for as the death toll in the region climbs.

Feds spark confusion over ceasefire, humanitarian pause comments | Power Play with Vassy Kapelos​

Also, Al Jazeera didn't have room to include statements from Western governments saying "hey, it was a Hamas own goal there" ...
I think some Al Jazeera senior members got read the riot act for publishing the video that showed the rocket launched by PIJ from the cemetery behind the hospital failing over top the hospital area and falling onto the parking lot.

Did you read the stories about the 500 people killed by an Israeli strike on a hospital in Gaza?

After that, why should the first response of any reader/listener to early reports be anything but "probably bullsh!t"?

Maybe somebody should say to his face - Kurd's aren't Terrorists, their Mujahedeen defending their Homeland and see how well that goes over.

How may times over the years have you seen a man holding a baby or a young child in his arms running into a building (hospital)?

Everyone should realize that Israel (and US) weapons only kill women, children, hit hospitals, schools and playgrounds.

Back