• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

• Thread starter Thread starter McG
  • Start date Start date
If you break it down to the agree/ disagree columns. It is 38 vs 41%. Rest are either unsure / no opinion.

So people who do care, are roughly split 50/50.

It just goes to show how polls can be interpreted many ways.

I am not shocked by the pro Palestine protests, I am shocked by some of the participants. People who lifestyle completely clashes with Palestinians/hardline Muslim
See my response above.

I am not shocked by the pro Palestine protests, I am shocked by some of the participants. P

There were two options really. Either the Palestinians would get rid of hamas themselves, or Israel was gonna do it for them. Either way, a lot of non combatants were going to die especially when hamas hides behind innocents. After all of this is over, it will be a great time to rebuild from the bottom up with superior cultural technology. (That is, any cultural technology which is not Islam is an improvement.) People will realize that economic development and the creation of wealth is a way better way to live than "hate and kill all jews!!!!". We already know what works in that area.

Understood. It's the only way I go there.

My only point was if any group of the size we have been seeing lately, ever wanted to blockade the place, it is very well served by TTC, GTA Regional and GO Transit to deliver protesters there.

In addition to UP Express.

Plus, it would be very vulnerable to a rolling vehicle blockade, because, as mentioned, traffic is already pretty heavy in that area. 409, 401, 427, Airport Rd..

Those are four strategic blockade locations I can think of that are particularly vulnerable to blockade aka "peaceful protest": Pearson, Gardiner, subway, and adding to the downtown traffic mayhem.
interestingly. the tactic the Israelis protesting court reform used. worked well too............DBG airport literally surrounded in all directions.

There were two options really. Either the Palestinians would get rid of hamas themselves, or Israel was gonna do it for them. Either way, a lot of non combatants were going to die especially when hamas hides behind innocents. After all of this is over, it will be a great time to rebuild from the bottom up with superior cultural technology. (That is, any cultural technology which is not Islam is an improvement.) People will realize that economic development and the creation of wealth is a way better way to live than "hate and kill all jews!!!!". We already know what works in that area.
Islam is not going away in Gaza, unless you kill/remove everyone there. You can impose a moderate form of Islam, but you are going to have to protect them against the radicals who will target any moderates.

Islam is not going away in Gaza, unless you kill/remove everyone there. You can impose a moderate form of Islam, but you are going to have to protect them against the radicals who will target any moderates.

WIth the way things are going, there won't be much of Gaza left to return to.

Israel has allowed only a trickle of aid to enter. A spokesperson at the Rafah crossing, Wael Abo Omar, told The Associated Press that 33 trucks of aid entered the only border crossing from Egypt today.
Whoever wrote this suffers from dementia.

In what world is Israel responsible for Egypt's borders?
In a period where fiscal restraint in DND is getting lots of air time, one has to wonder if the deliberate leaking of a SOF deployment is intended as a public communications effort to protect their budget over those of other parts of DND/CAF.
Wouldn't SOF be the last command to take any budget cuts? It seems to me to be the only one the PMO really cares about.
You seem to have a lot more faith than I do in the fact that the 19% somewhat agree & 11% somewhat disagree aren't worth considering very much. To me, 38 vs 41 with a margin of error of 2.5 is pretty much right down the middle, with all that implies for political decision makers.
Which is precisely nothing. Or ought to be if we were a serious country. It really doesn't matter what a minority of communists and islamists think (I exclude the "somewhat disagree", there are good reasons to "somewhat disagree" with supporting Israel).

Canada is going to have to make some hard decisions wrt to what kind of country it wants to be.

A good start...

Private Ori Megidish who was abducted by Hamas in their murderous attack on Oct. 7 freed by IDF forces and is in good health; was reunited with her family​

Israel announced on Monday that IDF forces on an offensive inside Gaza, succeeded overnight in releasing a member of the IDF who was taken hostage by Hamas during their terror attack on October 7. The military said 239 hostages were confirmed held by Hamas in Gaza

... It really doesn't matter what a minority of communists and islamists think (I exclude the "somewhat disagree", there are good reasons to "somewhat disagree" with supporting Israel) ...
By that reasoning, the feelings of the minority of supporters of Israel shouldn't matter, either. Politicians are always going to keep what the public feels in mind, no matter what party, because every party's mission is either to get elected or to stay elected.

By that reasoning, the feelings of the minority of supporters of Israel shouldn't matter, either. Politicians are always going to keep what the public feels in mind, no matter what party, because every party's mission is either to get elected or to stay elected.

We rarely get politicians today willing to do what is right, over what is popular.

I feel listening to the popular majority is a trap for long term health in society.

Way too many politicians are incredibly short sighted in the policies they push.

I won't get into this further, because it beyond the scope of this thread.

@gryphonv spoke for me.

That may be the Party's mission, but the government's role is to do what's right and good, and to lead.

This has to stop, and stop now. Free speech or hate speech? If they were protesting against Trudeau govt policies, their bank accounts would be frozen.

As a blogger< Rex Glacer, said:
https://twitter.com/rexglacer
"So where is the outrage, not one word from the Trudeau Govt, the NDP, City of Toronto, Doug Ford, the RCMP, CSIS, all gutless political cowards terrified of losing a vote from terrorist supporting extremists, WTF happened to Canada"?

FIRST READING: These 'pro-Palestine' events remain littered with pro-terror extremism

Canadian 'ceasefire' rallies are not condemning the Oct. 7 massacres, but celebrating them - NP Tristin Hopper - 31 Oct 23

For the third weekend in a row, virtually all of Canada’s major cities saw massive rallies ostensibly to advocate for “peace” in Gaza and an “end to the violence.”

“Toronto demonstrators rally to support Palestinians,” was how the CBC characterized a Saturday rally in Toronto’s Nathan Phillips Square dubbed by organizers as a “Roar for Gazans and Palestine.”

But even the most cursory look at the organizers and speakers of these rallies show them to be awash in extremist and pro-terror rhetoric.

Without apparent exception, every major “pro-Palestinian” event held in Canada in the wake of the Oct. 7 attacks has called for Israel’s eradication and demanded conditions that would leave Gaza’s Hamas leadership in place. In many cases, they have explicitly praised the Oct. 7 attacks as an act of “resistance.”

At a Saturday rally on the steps of the Vancouver Art Gallery, a speaker praised the “amazing, brilliant offensive waged on Oct. 7.”

The speaker was Natalie Knight, an “Indigenous Curriculum Consultant” at Langara College, and a perennial feature at Lower Mainland protests and blockades. Her explicit praise of the Oct. 7 massacres — which saw Hamas fighters kill as many civilians as possible before they were forced back by an Israeli counterattack — was answered with cheers from the crowd.

Behind her was a large banner reading, “From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free.” Unlike the more ambiguous slogan “free Palestine,” the “from the river …” motto is explicitly meant to refer to the complete eradication of Israel as a state. The slogan has been a mainstay of every one of Canada’s major “pro-Palestine” rallies held since Oct. 7.

Knight was speaking at an All Out for Palestine rally. Although advertised as a rally to “stop bombing Gaza,” it was sponsored by a who’s who of Vancouver groups with a lengthy history of calling for Israel’s destruction and praising terrorist attacks against the Jewish state.

Chief among them were the Palestinian Youth Movement and Samidoun — the latter of which was just banned in Germany due to what Berlin framed as the group’s explicit support of antisemitic terror.

These same groups also organized an Oct. 9 rally at the exact same spot that echoed much of the same themes as the Oct. 28 All Out for Palestine Rally. At the time, the Israeli counterattack on Gaza hadn’t really begun in earnest, and demonstrators were already calling for a “ceasefire” and an end to the alleged “genocide” in Gaza.

“How beautiful is the spirit to get free that Palestinians literally learned how to fly on hang gliders,” said Harsha Walia, a former executive director of the B.C. Civil Liberties Association, speaking at the Oct. 9 event. The “hang gliders” being a reference to the paragliders that Hamas gunmen used to swoop in on a Southern Israel music festival, where they massacred at least 260 people.

The Saturday “roar for Gaza” rally in Toronto was — like most of the city’s pro-Palestinian rallies — organized by a group calling itself Toronto4Palestine.

While CBC quoted a demonstrator at the event who said he was “gutted by the attacks on Israeli civilians,” Toronto4Palestine has struck a very different tone on its Instagram page.

The attacks were still ongoing on Oct. 7 when the group organized an impromptu public rally to “honour and celebrate the Palestinian resistance.” Its page also includes images of the Israeli flag being set afire.

Toronto4Palestine’s Saturday rally was deemed by the group to be a “strategic action” that would continue until their “five demands” were met.

These include “an immediate ceasefire,” forcing Israel to end its blockade of Gaza, and “ultimately putting an end to the occupation.” Given the group’s consistent characterization of Israel as nothing more than a “Zionist occupation,” this last demand seems to call for the end of Israeli statehood altogether.

“Palestinians in Gaza, Palestine and Worldwide are resisting and we will take our land back … GLORY TO THE MARTYRS,” reads a post on the Toronto4Palestine Instagram page connected to the Oct. 28 rally. “We will come back bigger and stronger, until Palestine is free and ours,” added one organizer.

One observer at the weekend rally uploaded a video showing a pair of Hamas flags being waved just outside the entrance to the TTC’s Queen’s Park subway station in Toronto.

Toronto4Palestine was also behind an attempted boycott last week of Café Landwer, a Toronto restaurant whose only material connection to the Israeli-Gaza conflict is that it’s Jewish-owned and has locations in Israel.

After the group posted a video of masked demonstrators seemingly attempting to intimidate diners, they were the subject of condemnation by Toronto Mayor Olivia Chow. “People in Toronto should be able to carry out their business, enjoying what our city has to offer without fear or concern,” she wrote.

Among the largest weekend protests was one that began on Parliament Hill before marching through downtown Ottawa. Although headlines mostly framed it as an attempt to pressure the Canadian government to call for a “ceasefire,” the march’s rallying cry — broadcast across social media by participants — was “from the river to the sea, Palestine will be free.”

One protester, Rami Obead, told CTV that he was “against” the Oct. 7 massacres, before adding that Israel “started it” with its founding in 1948.

This has to stop, and stop now. Free speech or hate speech? If they were protesting against Trudeau govt policies, their bank accounts would be frozen.

As a blogger< Rex Glacer, said:
https://twitter.com/rexglacer
"So where is the outrage, not one word from the Trudeau Govt, the NDP, City of Toronto, Doug Ford, the RCMP, CSIS, all gutless political cowards terrified of losing a vote from terrorist supporting extremists, WTF happened to Canada"?

Mr Glacer should know better than to think CSIS would ever have any role in commenting publicly on stuff like this. If there’s a specific threat to the security of Canada, their investigative and threat reduction role is very specific, and it’s not one that will generally have a public affairs component.

Mr Glacer should know better than to think CSIS would ever have any role in commenting publicly on stuff like this. If there’s a specific threat to the security of Canada, their investigative and threat reduction role is very specific, and it’s not one that will generally have a public affairs component.
Maybe some of the former members could sign an open later saying it looks like something that might be supportive of terrorism.

"If they were protesting against Trudeau govt policies, their bank accounts would be frozen. "

I keep seeing this BS whiny baby line on Twitter.

Bank accounts were frozen not because they were protesting against Trudeau's policies (most of the policies being protested were provincial policies anyways). They were frozen only after several-WEEKS long occupation of downtown, and only after the municipal and provincial authorities failed to take appropriate action.

It's apples to oranges.

Maybe some of the former members could sign an open later saying it looks like something that might be supportive of terrorism.
Sure but that’s not what the opinion piece was suggesting- it was speaking to CSIS institutionally.

"If they were protesting against Trudeau govt policies, their bank accounts would be frozen. "

Bank accounts were frozen not because they were protesting against Trudeau's policies (most of the policies being protested were provincial policies anyways). They were frozen only after several-WEEKS long occupation of downtown, and only after the municipal and provincial authorities failed to take appropriate action.

It's apples to oranges.
Indeed apples and oranges. The "convoy" was never celebrating burning babies alive either.

It's apples to oranges.

I highly doubt the majority of these pro-palestinian/hamas protestors and activists have much of a bank account to begin with. Don't close their accounts, freeze their welfare cheques.

I highly doubt the majority of these pro-palestinian/hamas protestors and activists have much of a bank account to begin with. Don't close their accounts, freeze their welfare cheques.

From my observations working one of the protests in the past month, the protesters looked like a pretty typical cross section, albeit most appearing to be Palestinian/Arab/North African. Certainly plenty of students, but lots of completely normal seeming adults, probably mostly employed similar to the general population. I’d suggest there’s a reason they have much larger turnout during the day on the weekends than mid week.

Nice racially loaded generalization, though. That’s a good look.

Back