• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Harper wants a pretty white plane ...

The Info-machine makes it official!
As part of regularly scheduled maintenance, the Canadian Armed Forces has repainted the aircraft primarily used to transport members of the Royal Family, the Governor General, the Prime Minister, and other dignitaries.  Given this aircraft’s special role on the world stage as a symbol of Canada, the requirement to repaint the aircraft presented an opportunity for a paint scheme that better reflects our country.

This new design includes Canadian symbols like our National Flag, Canada’s Coat of Arms, and the Royal Canadian Air Force logo. The colour scheme and design is more reflective of Canada’s national identity and consistent with aircraft used by allied countries in similar roles ....
7a.jpg

My fave bit of adjusting reality from the "news product":
.... Have the Department of National Defence’s transport aircraft ever been painted like this before?

Yes, the CC-137 Boeing 707 fleet, the predecessor of the CC-150 Polaris, was painted in a similar paint scheme. http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/v2/equip/hst/707-eng.asp ....
Don't bother clicking on the link alleged to show the old 707 livery - link doesn't work  :(  Here's a compare-and-contrast photo whose link DOES work:
11286m.jpg

There was a lot less blue on the 707s. Why do they always have to lie so blatantly?

And, if by "Royal Canadian Air Force logo", they mean the roundels, those are not, and never were, "Royal Canadian Air Force" insignia. They were/are national aircraft identification markings. Prior to 1968, RCN and CA aircraft also carried roundels.

Had a couple of rides on the old 707's when going on course in Borden.

Had one odd trip where I as a lowly Cpl, was moved up to the VIP section during the takeoff and landing phases for some unknown reason.

Not sure if it had anything to do with my regular seat being an emergency exit over the wing or not.

Certainly wasn't for my good looks or sense of humour. ;D

cupper said:
Had a couple of rides on the old 707's when going on course in Borden.

Had one odd trip where I as a lowly Cpl, was moved up to the VIP section during the takeoff and landing phases for some unknown reason.

Not sure if it had anything to do with my regular seat being an emergency exit over the wing or not.

Certainly wasn't for my good looks or sense of humour. ;D
You sell yourself short.  I have no doubt it was because of your winning personality and effervescent smile.

Loachman said:
There was a lot less blue on the 707s. Why do they always have to lie so blatantly?
Lie, message, poh-tay'-to, puh-tah'-to ....

Back