• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HMCS Chicoutimi {MERGED}

My heart goes out to his family and the injured sailors

RIP
:salute:

RIP, Mate.  :cdn: :salute:

Best of luck to the crew, we'll see you when you get home.

J#&** f*&^%$# Chr***.   :'(

What a senseless death in an avoidable accident.

Yet another widow.

RIP, Lt. Saunders.

And may God be with his wife and children in their time of need.

Truly Another Tragic, and senseless Death.

Rest in Peace.

My Thoughts and Prayers go out to His Family.

Our thoughts and prayer go out to his family and ship mates. May they all get home soon :salute: :cdn:

I'm sitting here in disbelief upon hearing this news.  The press made out at first that this was quite a minor fire.

Ex-dragoon, have you maybe heard anything else about this incident you could fill us in on??

From the Naval Hymn:

Upon the waters dark and rude,
And bid their angry tumult cease,
And give, for wild confusion, peace:
O hear us when we cry to Thee
For those in peril on the sea.

Rest in Peace.  :cdn:

Rest in peace, Lt. Saunders.  My prayers to your wife and children.  :salute:

T

Yes rest in peace, why must people die, it is sad and I feel very sad of this even if I have never met or talked or anything to him, I truly hope his wife and kids will be ok and I wish I could change this but no one has the ability to change that which has happened so once again rest in peace fellow human, and I am really sad of this happening.

My deepest condolences go to Lt Saunder's family.   This is yet another reminder to all, of the risks we take on a daily basis and of the price we often pay for service to our nation.   May he rest in peace.

I wish the best fto the remainder of HMCS Chicoutimi's crew , i pray for their safe return home.

God speed and smooth sailing

:cdn: :salute:

I am not one to normally offer maudlin "RIP" posts on internet discussion boards that mean nothing to the member or (more importantly) to the family in question.  Notwithstanding my aversion to such things, my heart does indeed go out to Lt. Saunders' family in this particular instance.  This is truly a tragedy for the Saunders family and I feel badly.  

No names, no pack drill this time around.

My condolences.

God speed to his family and the crew on a safe trip home.

scm77 said:
announced the death in Ottawa today.

one of four used subs recently leased from the Royal Navy

© Canadian Press and Global Television 2004
http://www.canada.com/national/story.html?id=3a79238f-328a-4258-bb9a-9f3379919449
--------------------------------
RIP :salute: :cdn:

:salute: Amen. Lets not mourn that he died, but thank God he lived.

not wanting to cheapen this post, but I thought we bought these subs?

Back