• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I am really confused

Scott said:
Hey, MBP, welcome to the forums.

If you'd been here a while longer you'd know that the reply below is the nice and friendly way to answer someone. The guy was simply asking a question, no need for yours.

This ain't the barracks.

Thanks

Take care, MBP
Scott
Army.ca Staff

My apologies, just a frustrating day and I guess I was taking it out on the key board. Not fare, I am sorry...

Edited to fix quote box.

No worries, have fun.

As a prospective infantry soldier right now, you sign up as either PPCLI, RCR, or Vandoo. This isn't set in stone and you can switch between them if you want. After BMQ, the regiment you chose at the recruiting centre decides which PAT platoon you join. PPCLI go to Wainwright, RCR  go to Meaford, and Vandoo go to Valcartier(I think). I don't know much about RCR or Vandoos, so I'll talk for PPCLI.

After BMQ, you go and sit in Wainwright awaiting a DP1 infantry course, which are held at either Wainwright or Shilo. You don't do SQ, BMQ(L), or whatever you want to call it. The first 6 weeks of DP1 is the rough equivalent of SQ, though with more intensity than what I've seen with SQ courses. The course is 14 weeks right now and covers C7, C9, C6, M203, grenades, Carl G, M72, urban ops, offensive ops, defensive ops, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head. I have all the POs on a sheet of paper lying aroung if you really want to know what's on the course.

Hope this gives you an idea.

Back