• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I don't care what your beliefs are...

PMedMoe

Army.ca Legend
Donor
Reaction score
...but this letter (supposedly) circulating in Kingston, ON (and being investigated by the police), is just wrong, plain and simple.....

164431_10151964346441747_2054690777_n.jpg

As if we don't have enough BS in Canada nowadays.  :mad:

If true; I can't believe this kind of stuff still happens...  Hopefully the threats of escalations, etc are BS and nothing else happens to the individuals this person/group is targeting.

If this person/group is so offended when they see homosexuals.. maybe they should stop stalking/looking for them.

Is this for real?!? Infuriating....

I identify myself as a Christian and I'm the furthest thing from perfect. I'm sick to death of the intolerance and hatred displayed by those who 'claim' to be the same.  If legit, hope the authorities get to the bottom of it. 'Absolutely one of the most childish things I've ever seen...

Moron this here:

http://www.thewhig.com/2013/07/19/hate-letters-threaten-gay-couple

And yes I intentionally mispelled "more on" to moron.

Morons are coming out of the woodwork:

One of the posters on article. ( http://www.thewhig.com/2013/07/19/hate-letters-threaten-gay-couple )
Dustin Silver

What proof do we have that this is not a hoax?

Really Dustin?  Two letters in black and white.  Both threatening.  Hoax or not, it is still a Hate Crime.  A threat has been made more than once.

My apologies...my comment "Is this for real?!?" was meant with a tone of I can't believe it.  And I agree with some of the comments on the article GW posted geared towards the fact that messages like those never should have been written regardless of the facts surrounding their circulation. Sad.

BeyondTheNow said:
My apologies...my comment "Is this for real?!?" was meant with a tone of I can't believe it.  And I agree with some of the comments on the article GW posted geared towards the fact that messages like those never should have been written regardless of the facts surrounding their circulation. Sad.

Hopefully I didn't confuse you.  I totally got it.  the moron comment is aimed at the perpetuators of these moronic letters.

Crantor said:
Hopefully I didn't confuse you.  I totally got it.  the moron comment is aimed at the perpetuators of these moronic letters.

To be honest, I absolutely did think the comment was aimed at me. Heck, I CAN be a moron sometimes and equally appreciate when someone points it out!  ;D

BeyondTheNow said:
Is this for real?!? Infuriating....

I identify myself as a Christian and I'm the furthest thing from perfect. I'm sick to death of the intolerance and hatred displayed by those who 'claim' to be the same.  If legit, hope the authorities get to the bottom of it. 'Absolutely one of the most childish things I've ever seen...

I concur. This is not an example of wwjd. And I hope people will see this a people problem. Not a religion problem.

I remember reading an article that said religion is the root of all evil... So the question was asked "what is evil". People apparently turned in essays but the answer that got published "I am".

NLockhart said:

Do you have any other astute observations?

See George Wallaces' post above.

Whether or not someone actually intends to follow through with the threats, they are still threats. There is no reason to believe they cannot follow through with them.

You're a troll? How's that for astute? It seems to me most people in this thread are taking this letter seriously and I just doubt that it authentic. Please don't get defensive and feel the need to respond. I've already put more energy into this thread than I wanted to give.

have a nice day

NLockhart said:
You're a troll? How's that for astute? It seems to me most people in this thread are taking this letter seriously and I just doubt that it authentic. Please don't get defensive and feel the need to respond. I've already put more energy into this thread than I wanted to give.

have a nice day

That was almost as good as your last post.  Next time do us all a favour and save your energy if you are going to post something with no context, explanation or reasoning.  If someone trolled it was you.

Crantor said:
That was almost as good as your last post.  Next time do us all a favour and save your energy if you are going to post something with no context, explanation or reasoning.  If someone trolled it was you.

:goodpost:

This.

NLockhart said:

have a nice day

So...the Kingston Police, who are investigating these letters, are just wasting their time?  You should call them up and let them know.  I'm sure they would appreciate whatever knowledge you have to share about this.

The second letter implies that if this "group" had access to "real guns" they would be using them, inside of relying on BB guns. That sounds pretty damn serious if you ask me!!

Hopefully, these nimrods are caught before someone gets hurt.

NLockhart said:
You're a troll? How's that for astute? ......

I am sure the poster was looking at a reflection in the mirror when he wrote that astute post.  Let us just leave his irrelevant comments on ignore and get on with monitoring this item in the news and Police press releases after their investigation has been completed. 

A crime has been committed with the delivery of these messages, and confirmed by reporting in the Press.  In today's world it is very difficult to remain anonymous, so although it may take a while, I am sure the Police will eventually catch the culprits.

Back