• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I HATE Waiting

painswessex

Inactive
Reaction score
Yes i know, everyone has heard it all before. I just wanted to write it down just so i feel better.

I HATE WAITING.

Applied 3 years in a row. Jumped threw lots of hoops. I have previous service (10 years, 2 ships, 2 "stan" tours) Got into some trouble after wife left me for another man.....I know happens to us all. Released 4c to get back to family, (CCM wasn't working). Fixed all legal matters. Now the waiting game. IT REALLY SUCKS.

That is all. Thanks for reading. :salute:

How far along are you in the process?

I've been waiting for a year myself, it sure sucks, but what can you do, right?

Stay positive man and good luck!

first year was waiting for med docs...took to long position disappeared. (i am skilled re enrollee) so there has to be a spot available.

second year had spot on HMCS Ottawa. Found legal matters in background. so spot disappeared again.

Third year (2012) legal matters taken care of waiting to hear about position from career manager(supply tech). Hopefully then i can get med docs in timely fashion.

I have been waiting a long time also.  Since you were in previously I can't tell you the usual "use the time to prepare".  Since I have never been in before I am greatful for the time to get my pushups and running in order.  Hopefully I am not arnold by the time I get in...

xer0 said:
I have been waiting a long time also.  Since you were in previously I can't tell you the usual "use the time to prepare".  Since I have never been in before I am greatful for the time to get my pushups and running in order.  Hopefully I am not arnold by the time I get in...

If you were Arnold in the CF you probably wouldn't even pass basic.  :nod:

But I do agree with the wait time. However, depending on the trade its fairly quick.

I dont think you understood my joke.  I was saying that hopefully I was not a bodybuilder by the time I was let in because it took so long to get in when I am barely in shape...

Oh then you'll love it when you finally get in.  Plenty of waiting in your career.  But at least you'll be hurrying up to wait.

Agreed.  All docs in, medical/interview/apptitude finished.  Been waiting on a PLAR for 4 months now, apparently the job offer is drafted but waiting on the PLAR.  Maybe BMQ in January..  Waiting certainly does suck when you're very excited to start the next leg of your life journey.

My papers are still being reviewed for competetiveness.  I don't know how long that will take.

Back