• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

If the LAV's A'Rockin....

This is assuming they are using them all for...'recreational activities'.  Maybe there is a TON of "waterballoon" fights going on somewhere by some VERY bored people.    :P

wow.  CTV news just had a clip on "Canadian soldiers seeing more action" than in recent past WRT to post.  I had to laugh!

Maybe they were talking about a Bison, afterall, to reporters anything with more than 4 wheels is an armoured vehicle or a tank...I could see that being possible in the back of a Bison ambulance....if there's enough room for a stretcher.....:D

300 000 condoms for a work force of 100 000 isn't that much once you crunch the numbers LOL.

TMM said:
300 000 condoms for a work force of 100 000 isn't that much once you crunch the numbers LOL.

3 per troop... in theory......

I i know a guy in our unit who uses up the entire Brigade allotment though..... quite the ladies man....

Cpl Thompson said:
3 per troop... in theory......

I i know a guy in our unit who uses up the entire Brigade allotment though..... quite the ladies man....

Or claims to...there is one of those in every <s>regiment</s> section...

Reminds me of that old story of the Highland Regiment (who shall remain nameless). The RSM marched into a drug store one day, kilt swirling, bonnet set at a jaunty angle, brass gleaming, pace stick tucked tightly under his arm. Marching straight up to the Pharmacist he slapped a well used condom down onto the counter. The pharmacist looked on this ripped, stained obviously much used pieice of latex in distaste as the RSM thundered out his request "How much to replace". The pharmacist named a price. The RSM grunted and asked "How much to repair" The Pharmacist considered the request, determined how much it would cost to repair the rips, sterilize and repackage and named another price. Again the RSM grunted, picked up the condom, executed an about turn and marched out. Two weeks later the RSM marched back into the Pharmacy. Slapping some money down on the counter the RSM in his best parade ground voice thundered out "The Regiment has decided to replace!".

The first thing that came to my mind was putting them over the muzzle of the weapons (any weapons) to keep the sand out. That trick has been around for years, and probably consumes quite a few. But, I must admit, it does seem a pretty trivial and stupid thing to write about. What's next: how many pieces of toilet paper or sanitary napkins are being used?

Cheres

in mirage the condoms were put in the wash rooms. the medics complained they were disappearing like they were going out of style. A quick investigation concluded that all the civvie contractors were taking them.

Besides no one uses those Trojans they issue. Its like wearing a damn section of MOD on your wee man.

pbi said:
The first thing that came to my mind was putting them over the muzzle of the weapons (any weapons) to keep the sand out. That trick has been around for years, and probably consumes quite a few. But, I must admit, it does seem a pretty trivial and stupid thing to write about. What's next: how many pieces of toilet paper or sanitary napkins are being used?

Cheres

I had thought of that but, having never done it myself, I was anticipating "oh ya, where did you see that Mud, G.I. Jane or something?"

Well, I see that this "story" has been picked up by the Canadian Press this morning, is the subject of an article in the Ottawa Citizen and guffaws on what passes for morning radio news here in Edmonton.

Pathetic.

Teddy Ruxpin said:
Well, I see that this "story" has been picked up by the Canadian Press this morning, is the subject of an article in the Ottawa Citizen and guffaws on what passes for morning radio news here in Edmonton.

Pathetic.

Maybe it will help recruitng.....

Cheers

pbi said:
Maybe it will help recruitng.....

Cheers
Well it certainly doesn't hurt university enrollment...LMAO...as long as everyone is playing safe and keeping themselves safe who really cares...over guns...or over "guns" ;)
I am all for health promotion.
HL

you ever see a 14yr old boy in cadet MIR for the first time?
If i hadnt have been one myself, i would never have believed how many you can fit in a tilley hat and pt shorts and your socks...
those little rodents grab rubbers like...well...i dont have a good analogy, but you get the dope.

Bottom line, I just think they had nothing else to report on that day so they had to have SOMETHING for people to talk about.

Whats next? 

"Canadian soldiers use babywipes" or "Canadian Service people are being given cough syrup"?

Funny how soo many commercials are on TV about safe sex.  I guess that only applies to non-service people.  Service people are SUPPOSED to risk their lives in any way, shape or form possible.

Next weeks report will be on...how many Canadian soldiers/sailors/air men-women use Crest WhiteStrips for the love of gawd...

What bothers me the most is the "suggestive" nature of the report, like there is a major hump-fest on the go on Bases or something.

Go to your average university, or civie company...and do the stats for non-military in equal numbers.

Give it up, media.  christ.  :boring:

Mud Recce Man said:
Bottom line, I just think they had nothing else to report on that day so they had to have SOMETHING for people to talk about.

Guess that's what happens when you have a decent bunch of professionals doing the job, eh? No tales of mass murder, rape. looting, pillaging or baby killing by the CF. If this is all the "dirt" one can rake up these days consider yourself lucky.

It was once common to wrap handsets/headsets in a condom to seal out moisture and dust as well.

mover1 said:
Besides no one uses those Trojans they issue. Its like wearing a damn section of MOD on your wee man.

According to barracks room discussion, most members DO require a section (or two) of mod tent for their "wee man".  ;D ;D ;D

a_majoor said:
It was once common to wrap handsets/headsets in a condom to seal out moisture and dust as well.

According to barracks room discussion, most members DO require a section (or two) of mod tent for their "wee man".  ;D ;D ;D

:rofl:  Alittle bit of "fishing stories" ref size is there?  ;D

Back