• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

If the LAV's A'Rockin....

OK!

So the Radio message will go out something like this:

"Charlie Charlie One, this is Zero; HOOF HEARTED, Over."

"One, HOOF HEARTED, Over."

"Two, HOOF HEARTED, Over."

"Three, HOOF HEARTED, Over."

"Tango Four Three, HOOF Hearted, Over."

"Zero, HOOF HEARTED, Out."

(I suppose you have to read it aloud and as fast as you can......so as not to have Brokeback visions.......more along the lines of Blazing Saddles.)

George Wallace said:
(I suppose you have to read it aloud and as fast as you can......so as not to have Brokeback visions.......more along the lines of Blazing Saddles.)

So there WON'T be a Heath & Jake appearance? Ah man, way to get a girl down!

medicineman said:
Op Mountain Thrust - sounds like something that should be in the Afghan Kama Sutra instead of a COIN op.

MM
Well I guess I am not the only one who found this amusing...teeheehee
Hoof hearted...say that five times fast and then tell me you aren't rotfl... ;D

HL

Watch for the next operation in Iraq to be named

"Operation Desert Lust"

:rofl:

Lots of media reports of "penetrating the enemy lines" and stuff   :o

The follow up attack plan is a lateral province sweep in the form of a flanking maneuver called "Savage Reach Around".  Oh, crap!  Sorry about the OpSec!

Don't forget the CIA will warn about "Blowback" as a result of Operation Mountain Trust..........

zipperhead_cop said:
The follow up attack plan is a lateral province sweep in the form of a flanking maneuver called "Savage Reach Around".  Oh, crap!  Sorry about the OpSec!
:rofl:

HL

This is all interesting... I just hope we don't go off prematurely.... So we should  try and do this together..you know a co-ordinated attack with one goal in mind.

Mud Recce Man said:
Bottom line, I just think they had nothing else to report on that day so they had to have SOMETHING for people to talk about.

Whats next? 

"Canadian soldiers use babywipes" or ......

Well this is one is already going down the toilet so I'll weigh in here with this gem.    ;D

Reference baby wipes....the US Ops O in a FOB in Afghanistan actually locked the bathrooms, because troops were clogging the toilets with them.

He thought it was a good way to punnish the troops    ::)

Some of the US troops thought that it was us....and figured that it wasn't after we left, because it kept happening.

Regards

LOL nice.  Did they give you some nice clear plastic ziplock bags to use then?  :blotto:

Nope. Gave us some rockets...which were full in 2 days and they couldn't be emptied.

Next step was for burn barrels ala Tour of Duty style.

Regards

True Story
When I was mortar platoon commander, I was responsible on one exercise for all the BG fireplanning (The BC didn't show up to play).  So, my fireplans, Target Series and Target Groups were all given nick names.  On the final day before ENDEX, they were, as follows
GRAVY STROKE
PEARL NECKLACE
SHUDDER DOWN
They were all two non-descript words, not involving colours or proper nouns, put together completely at random.  Previous nick names followed themes such as
ROLLING STONE
MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
HONKY TONK

Yes, I got away with it

:D

LMAO

True Story?  K here's mine.

I was given the 2nd duty of Sqn Sig's Sgt once...about 3 hours before H Hour.  OC Recce needed codewords, nicknames etc etc for CEOI purposes.  So, I made up some.  Day 1 of the Ex, everything was fine.

Day 2, we were doing the withdrawl in contact.  It was then discovered the codeword for Break Clean/Contact was...

Farty Pants.

"All stations 4, this is 4...Farty Pants over...

"41..(snickering) Farty Pants"
"42...(laughter now when the C/C is talking) Farty Pants"
"43 LOUD AND CLEAR FARTY PANTS OVER"...

Yes, I got reemed by SSM Recce.  Yes he laughed.

No, I was never tasked as Acting Sqn Sig's Sgt again.

vonGarvin said:
True Story
When I was mortar platoon commander, I was responsible on one exercise for all the BG fireplanning (The BC didn't show up to play).  So, my fireplans, Target Series and Target Groups were all given nick names.  On the final day before ENDEX, they were, as follows
GRAVY STROKE
PEARL NECKLACE
SHUDDER DOWN
Actually, SHUDDER down wasn't it. I think it was "MONEY SHOT" or something like that
:D

Back