• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Vehicles

There was a series videos from the CA showing 3 VP driving them around Edmonton. The project is specifically for the fly over LIB so it makes sense to concentrate them with those units. The rest of the light forces mobility project will be different.
Are you tracking anything on the Canadian LFE (if that's the right name) procurement project? Should be something similar to these if I'm not mistaken right?

Also, question for the floor not just mark, have there been any attempts to strap weapons to these things Iltis style? I'm curious if the bungee-corded machine gun makes a comeback haha.

Are you tracking anything on the Canadian LFE (if that's the right name) procurement project? Should be something similar to these if I'm not mistaken right?

Also, question for the floor not just mark, have there been any attempts to strap weapons to these things Iltis style? I'm curious if the bungee-corded machine gun makes a comeback haha.
As I recall, the UoR was prioritized as the same staff are working LFE.

Down here some units have put various medium and heavy pintle mounts onto them - to various degrees of success in my understanding.
The roll cage frame can support a M240/C6 type GPMG - but that is about it - as soon as you try to add a M2 or Mk19, bad things occur, as those really need to be mounted to the vehicle frame and not the 'roll cage'.

Various units with them are trying various things - the ones that seem to succeed know it isn't a fighting platform, but a mobility and logistics support tool - so for some very limited missions, it may be a practical fire support vehicle - but for most missions it isn't.

Various units with them are trying various things - the ones that seem to succeed know it isn't a fighting platform, but a mobility and logistics support tool - so for some very limited missions, it may be a practical fire support vehicle - but for most missions it isn't.
Well put. A fool would try to use this truck as a firing platform on the regular, but that said a GPMG would be more than adequate for any accidental contacts or emergency AD scenarios.

Down here some units have put various medium and heavy pintle mounts onto them - to various degrees of success in my understanding.
The roll cage frame can support a M240/C6 type GPMG - but that is about it - as soon as you try to add a M2 or Mk19, bad things occur, as those really need to be mounted to the vehicle frame and not the 'roll cage'.

Maybe they need a retro solution of some sort ;)

1728931926585.png

There’s weapons mounts, pintle type things, for the sides I’m informed, I haven’t seen images of them in Canadian service though. It’s a debate if that’s going to encourage them to be seen as a fighting platform which they are objectively not.

There’s weapons mounts, pintle type things, for the sides I’m informed, I haven’t seen images of them in Canadian service though. It’s a debate if that’s going to encourage them to be seen as a fighting platform which they are objectively not.
Plot twist: mount a C9 and call it the tank replacement.

Back