• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Vehicles

For what? Unfortunately without an ATGM nor Depleted Uranium rounds for the 25mm cannon, they cannot conduct much anti armor work effectively. So you end up requiring the very few tanks Canada has to do AT work as the Infantry cannot.
You misunderstood me. I said ATGMs not IFV turrets with ATGMs mounted on them. I'm thinking armoured transport - dismounted fight - 25mm in a pinch where appropriate.
They combined with the fact the 8x8 LAV 6.0 isn’t as mobile cross country as the tanks, you end up with some significant mobility issues, not to mention overwatch and support issues.
When I said six battalions of LAVs in two brigades I did not mention any tanks. Wasn't giving them any - its basically a SBCT.
It wouldn’t be so awful if Canada hadn’t ditched the M113 TUA but…
I left out what the ATGM platoon gets. Not important for the point made.
Canada’s Army isn’t a LSCO force.
There's being a LSCO army then there's being a part of one.
Solution mothball most of the LAV for mobilization or the PRes, and get a T-IFV
I didn't want to get into yet another ARes org thread but those two brigades that I see are 70/30 and 30/70 respectively.
Get a lot more tanks, as 1 Bde worth of tanks (ish) isn’t enough for a wartime Bde let alone the fact you have 3 Bde’s that all play at being CMBG’s.
Yup. I know the fiscally realistic folks will tear their hair out but I see a minimum of three ABCTs (four preferably) with one prepositioned.

Before anyone else gets their dander up I see a light brigade (para) as well.

🍻

For what? Unfortunately without an ATGM nor Depleted Uranium rounds for the 25mm cannon, they cannot conduct much anti armor work effectively. So you end up requiring the very few tanks Canada has to do AT work as the Infantry cannot.

You’re still looking at 20-40 mm RHA penetration with the tungsten rounds. For the IFVs they expect to target, BMP 2/3, its effective.

They combined with the fact the 8x8 LAV 6.0 isn’t as mobile cross country as the tanks, you end up with some significant mobility issues, not to mention overwatch and support issues.

What overwatch issue? LAV cover flanks and bound behind tanks. They shouldn’t be doing overwatch for tanks. This is a doctrine and tactics, ie software, issue vs a hardware one.

It wouldn’t be so awful if Canada hadn’t ditched the M113 TUA but…

Canada’s Army isn’t a LSCO force.

The real sin was scrapping our new LAV TUAs.

Back