• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Iranians Provoke USN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wesley  Down Under said:
That almost sounds like stereotypical arab paronia. EDIT: Hummmmm....I too detected a bit of bias here "My parents aren't so much stuck on the pay as they are on the whole "military thing". They are both very liberal. My dad's a Professor and my mom's a retail store manager. Here's the kicker....they are Iranian  . ..."

Just where are your loyalties? We are fighting a global war against radical islam, our brothers are being killed in Afghanistan and Iraq, and you have the intelligence to post such insulting words. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Those 2 comments are quite racists/discriminatory

Wes, I think you are biaised the american way...  You gotta look around.  I believe the US with nuclear power is as dangerous as Iran with nuclear power

Max

SupersonicMax said:
Those 2 comments are quite racists/discriminatory

Wes, I think you are biaised the american way...  You gotta look around.  I believe the US with nuclear power is as dangerous as Iran with nuclear power

Max

Let me get this straight Wes' commnets are racist ? You been flying without oxygen Max ? The enemy ARE islamists. The war on terror is against the global jihadist movement which has decided that western culture is corrupt and needs to be suppressed by the one true faith. Those are the facts. In WW2 not all Germans were nazi's but we still waged war against Germany without making a distinction.I dont see any need to make distinctions now.

SupersonicMax said:

Please, give your head a shake.  ::)  And drop the knee-jerk anti-americanism.  It's unbecoming of an officer.

To equate a democracy with a long pedigree (longer than most European nations and Canada) with a lunatic theocracy like Iran is, to put it bluntly, stupid.  There are enough checks and balances in the US that a) a lunatic won't be elected president (unlike Iran) b) a nuclear launch won't occur short of a clear and present danger, unlike Iran whose President has visions of a nuclear holocaust to hasten the coming of the 12th Iman, i.e. messianic cult.  If you believe that the US and Iran are equally dangerous, you need to educate yourself, sunshine.

tomahawk6 said:
Let me get this straight Wes' commnets are racist ? You been flying without oxygen Max ? The enemy ARE islamists. The war on terror is against the global jihadist movement which has decided that western culture is corrupt and needs to be suppressed by the one true faith. Those are the facts. In WW2 not all Germans were nazi's but we still waged war against Germany without making a distinction.I dont see any need to make distinctions now.

T6, I agree that during WWII, we were fighting the Germans in general(because of the Nazi regime).  However, we did not have Germans embeded in our populations (or not nearly as many as we have Arabs in our population).  We have Arabs in our military, we have Arabs in our population and the "war" is not as clear cut as it was back then.  The ennemy isn't as visible as it was...

cavalryman said:
Please, give your head a shake.  ::)  And drop the knee-jerk anti-americanism.  It's unbecoming of an officer.

To equate a democracy with a long pedigree (longer than most European nations and Canada) with a lunatic theocracy like Iran is, to put it bluntly, stupid.  There are enough checks and balances in the US that a) a lunatic won't be elected president (unlike Iran) b) a nuclear launch won't occur short of a clear and present danger, unlike Iran whose President has visions of a nuclear holocaust to hasten the coming of the 12th Iman, i.e. messianic cult.  If you believe that the US and Iran are equally dangerous, you need to educate yourself, sunshine.

Cavalryman:  I'm not anti-american, I'm just not pro-american.  There IS a middle.

Max

However, we did not have Germans embeded in our populations (or not nearly as many as we have Arabs in our population).  We have Arabs in our military, we have Arabs in our population and the "war" is not as clear cut as it was back then.
Ummm OK - I gotta call you on this one.
In Alberta a large percentage of the population was German - I have some relatives who were here and some were in uniform!
We also have Ukrainians and some Japanese. No, there's nothing special about the circumstances of Arabs in Canada today except
that they probably have it better than other minorities had it in the past.

I believe the US with nuclear power is as dangerous as Iran with nuclear power
The US has had nuclear power for sixty odd years now. For the most part we
can say there is a proven safety record of sorts.  I can't imagine Iran being so responsible
as the US has been, to say they will be is either naive or biased - feel free to choose which.

Here's something.
I used to spout off some pretty anti American noise from time to time.
World circumstances have changed, to the extent where we need to consider
carefully who our friends are.  We indeed have to choose sides.
I like to think world circumstances have matured my thinking a bit.

Flip, you will agree that the populations are much more mixed than they were back then and that the war back then was against a nation.  We knew that a country was trouble maker.  Now, it's much more complex.  No clear enemy.

I guess Hiroshima and Nagasaki were very safe and responsible...  The world cannot fold to every request from the United States (and any Country for that matter)  Everytime in History a country tried to rule the world, it didn't work....

Max

SupersonicMax said:
I guess Hiroshima and Nagasaki were very safe and responsible... 

Now i know that you are right out of 'er....... ::)

SupersonicMax said:
I guess Hiroshima and Nagasaki were very safe and responsible... 

For that time, and under those circumstances - yes, those were very responsible decisions.  Keep it in context.

Roy Harding said:
For that time, and under those circumstances - yes, those were very responsible decisions.  Keep it in context.

Even in that context, I sure don't believe that it was very responsible to drop 2 nuclear weapons on a country. 

Max

For that time, and under those circumstances - yes, those were very responsible decisions.  

Damn! Roy stole my thunder!

I would also point out that there was no way that those decisions were taken as lightly as some might suppose.

Freedom and democracy are hardly afflictions the evil American empire will be cursed for.
I would also like to point out that the kind of influence in the world the US has would take us down a very different path
were it wielded by anyone else. That is, better to have a powerful and slightly overbearing America as an ally
than some other country as powerful as an enemy.  As far as Iran is concerned - There is no possible upside to Iran gaining
influence and /or military and/or nuclear power.

SupersonicMax said:
Even in that context, I sure don't believe that it was very responsible to drop 2 nuclear weapons on a country. 

Max

Funny thing is, after bomb #2 the war was over.

Cant argue with results

SupersonicMax said:

Max

Tell that to the families who would have had loved ones sent over to invade Japan and who potentially would have died had the bombs not been dropped. ::)

SupersonicMax said:

Max

This is most likely the stupidest line I have ever read anywhere, anytime..................I'd like to comment furthur but I would wind up banning myself.

SupersonicMax said:

Max

Funny you should say that. I have a friend who's mother was interned in a Japanese prison camp during the war.
The way he sees it, were it not for the bomb, he would never have been born as his mother would surely have died.

The Japanese Empire before and during WW2 was barberic and had to be disposed of.
In doing so the Americans also imposed democracy and a constitution on the Japanese
people. The Japanese have not gone back since.

Max - I'm sure that you misunderstand America just as I once did.

CDN Aviator said:
Funny thing is, after bomb #2 the war was over.

Cant argue with results

The end doesn't always justify the means.  I certainly don't think it did in that case.

Ex-Dragoon said:
Tell that to the families who would have had loved ones sent over to invade Japan and who potentially would have died had the bombs not been dropped. ::)

Tell the same thing to the Japanese families of the deceased during the bombing, and to the people that endured pain and suffering for years after the bombing because of radiation effects.

I'm not saying that at war, nobody should die.  That's the cost of war, on both sides.  But to me, moraly, it doesn't make sense to kill tens of thousands and inflict pain for year to other thousands (civilians none the less) to get to our objective.  I'm all about conventional warfare...

Max

SupersonicMax said:
I'm all about conventional warfare...
..and since those days are gone have you thought of a career change?

I'm just asking.........

Max - I'm sure that you misunderstand America just as I once did.

Some people no matter what will just hate the US because all the other cool kids seem to, there is no rhyme or reason to their stance. All we can do is pity them and talk more slowly to them so they might understand.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
..and since those days are gone have you thought of a career change?

I'm just asking.........

I might have expressed myself in a wrong way.  What I meant was non-nuclear weapons.  My mistake.

SupersonicMax said:
I might have expressed myself in a wrong way.  What I meant was non-nuclear weapons.  My mistake.

So killing with conventional weapons is OK, but with nuclear weapons isn't?

Just checking.

Roy Harding said:
So killing with conventional weapons is OK, but with nuclear weapons isn't?

Just checking.

As far as I know, dropping a 500 lbs Mk82 won't affect the population of an area for years with nuclear radiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back