• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Issued Tac Vest

Should we go with Tac Vest or Old Style Webbing or MOLLE/PAL or nothing

• Tac Vest

Votes: 58 40.6%
  • Webbing

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Molle, Pal, Custom

Votes: 68 47.6%
  • nothing

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • webbing?

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
Well that in itself is not a bad idea. I think the basic frame of the vest is pretty good, and for a general issue item the build quality is reasonable. With the following minor modifications it would be an ideal piece of gear:

- Remove the kidney pouches and bayonet.
- Place modular attachement points where the kidney pouches are, so C-9 pouches can be attached in their place.
- Replace the mag pouches with modular attachement points. so small pouches for M203, Grenades, PRR, pistol mags can be attached.
- Issue those extra pouchs, along with inserts for the C-9 pouches for M203 and C-7 mags
- Replace the torso straps with bungie cords, or ANYTHING that can actually be adjusted on the fly.
- Add a wide belt at the bottom.
- Grip pads on the shoulders

See? How hard could it be?

Apparently, hard enough for a multi-million dollar CTS program....

Britney Spears said:
Well that in itself is not a bad idea. I think the basic frame of the vest is pretty good, and for a general issue item the build quality is reasonable. With the following minor modifications it would be an ideal piece of gear:

- Remove the kidney pouches and bayonet.
- Place modular attachement points where the kidney pouches are, so C-9 pouches can be attached in their place.
- Replace the mag pouches with modular attachement points. so small pouches for M203, Grenades, PRR, pistol mags can be attached.
- Issue those extra pouchs, along with inserts for the C-9 pouches for M203 and C-7 mags
- Replace the torso straps with bungie cords, or ANYTHING that can actually be adjusted on the fly.
- Add a wide belt at the bottom.
- Grip pads on the shoulders

See? How hard could it be?

So basically a whole new vest?  ;)  perhaps a CADPAT paraclete RAV, crye precision armoured chassis hybrid.....

A buddies rig (same mod's as mine - we did them when he was back on leave)

ModRAV.jpg

They are using AK's  :'(

He's in Iraq dressed like the Haj...

If I could figure out how to privatise my photo album I'd put some good stuff up and put pics in the low ground...

if in doubt
individual pics vs album in the low ground
I can send you a site that allows you to post pics one at a time or in bulk that you chose and the ablum is your own not community shared.

I just locked my photobucket account

SO I think you can only see pics I post?

Kevin,

I also await pics - and will hold your upper hostage until i see them!!!

Blake

Unfortunately the senders did not want them put up on the net.

I will have to look at a way to get you access Blake...

:'(

Your making me cry...

I have two pics that one guy will let me send out (pretty vanilla ones) since they are Canadians they tend to be very PERSEC oriented as the local responce to their work has not been "overwhelming..."

I just quickly read something about some pic hostings or what not, not sure if this has to do with anything, but here's a link to free image hosting if this is the problem.

http://www.imageshack.us

Thx,

I have a photo account at Photobucket - my concern is that IF I put up some pics that I can restrict acess to those pics into threads/boards that I chose, and that the pics be private so noone can go in and view my gallery.

OK TV is great. But what happened to winter camouflage? All in whites, except for that CADPAT vest. They should make one for winter, or manufacture some coveralls or something.

I've never used a Load Bearing Rig in winter training, you put the stuff on the tobaggan and in the big pockets on your parka.

Insert Quote
I've never used a Load Bearing Rig in winter training, you put the stuff on the tobaggan and in the big pockets on your parka.

As if you've ever used a parka or tobaggan.....

Back