• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Issued Tac Vest

Should we go with Tac Vest or Old Style Webbing or MOLLE/PAL or nothing

• Tac Vest

Votes: 58 40.6%
  • Webbing

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Molle, Pal, Custom

Votes: 68 47.6%
  • nothing

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • webbing?

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
Aww come on Brit, it snows on the west coast at least once a year.  :dontpanic:

Black Watch,

Long and the short of it is most units don't use the vest in Arctic/winter dress. Thats what the big pockets on winter dress are for.

Britney Spears said:
Sure I do, I've been to the west coast once.

Well, I have left the parade square once or twice.... ::)

Here's some pics from some training with Brits in Republic Srpska.

Notice

a)   How well the camo covers work for arctic ops.

b) You don't wear LBE - you don't want it getting you all hot and sweaty by clamping down the movement of air inside your body.   The new Arctic Gear is superb, with pockets on the pants and legs probably supplying better load carriage ability then the Tacvest.   Also, the Tobaggan (which you never go without) carries alot of section gear.

He must need it all to keep his head warm in those undoubtedly cold temperatures (especially without a toque)  ;)

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/29987.15.html

It would be nice if the designers/supporters of the Tacvest were to visit the site (like Mr Kroon has) and adress some of the issues that people have raised regarding their vest.

They don't care...

We are wrong and they are right  ::)

Sorry this is kinda off the track of hair cuts, but i was just wondering, do you get your tac vests while your on your BMQ, SQ, and q3? or do you get them when your all done? if anyone could help me on this one it would be great. thanks

Hunter911 said:
Sorry this is kinda off the track of hair cuts, but i was just wondering, do you get your tac vests while your on your BMQ, SQ, and q3? or do you get them when your all done? if anyone could help me on this one it would be great. thanks
Should be after BMQ; but can be delayed up until after your 3's/dp1
Same goes with your goretex - they in Ottawa have just flipped it again till after your 3's. I found this out by going down to supply for something else last week.

I just finished my reserve BMQ and everyone on my course has had their vest since their first kit issue. I don't see the point in waiting in issuing the vests...they're pretty good to have even on BMQ

Suter_A said:
I just finished my reserve BMQ and everyone on my course has had their vest since their first kit issue. I don't see the point in waiting in issuing the vests...they're pretty good to have even on BMQ

Yeah, might be good on your BMQ, but in field ex tac vest isn't so good, especialy on patrol. Tac vest does not allow you to carry much kit around.

I agree completely. I find it really awkward for some things...and I can't seem to get a good position for the butt of my C7 when I'm wearing it. The C9 pouch on the left side is usually hard to get into since the clip is angled towards the rear. It's better than nothing though.

Suter_A said:
I agree completely. I find it really awkward for some things...and I can't seem to get a good position for the butt of my C7 when I'm wearing it. The C9 pouch on the left side is usually hard to get into since the clip is angled towards the rear. It's better than nothing though.
To add to your comment, I would say the lack of omfort when youre at the prone.

I actually dont find it too bad in the prone. I wear it high and when in a fire postion it barely even touches the ground. Although it does get stuck in all manners of branches and s*** once you start to crawl.

BetterThanTheBest said:
I actually dont find it too bad in the prone. I wear it high and when in a fire postion it barely even touches the ground. Although it does get stuck in all manners of branches and s*** once you start to crawl.

You need to get some FPV lovin'.

Photo2-1_b.jpg
Photo2-2_b.jpg
Fragmentation Protection Vest. Makes crawling more fun than ever.

Back