• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Jagmeet Singh, probably the biggest political loser?

OK, you'll have to clarify for me.
Where did I mention his pension, other than to answer BG, in this whole thread?
What does your answer have to do with the CPC proposing a non confidence vote and seeing Singh's response to it?
I quoted the wrong reply. Quoting your post above it (which in turn quotes BG), my reply makes sense.

His pension is due in Feb, IIRC. That is less than six months away.
Plus, I mean. Your post isn’t in a frictionless vacuum…

gestures vaguely

Oh, I know. Just trying to maintain a positive attitude and wishful thinking on my part. 🙂

Singh wants his pension. That's his whole drive right now. Trudeau could stand up and announce the liberals would deregister the ndp after 2025 and singh would still vote for it to hang on until after Dilwali.

Singh wants his pension. Anything else is supplemental.

The fact is that the NDP coffers are bare and they are down in the polls. Until they can win back those votes and raise more capital they won’t bring down the government.
But, a big part off the reason that the coffers are bare and they are down in the polls may be that they have sustained an unpopular government for too long.

I quoted the wrong reply. Quoting your post above it (which in turn quotes BG), my reply makes sense.

Plus, I mean. Your post isn’t in a frictionless vacuum…

gestures vaguely
Whatever makes you sleep at night. I don't agree. You jumped in and gave an answer to a question that wasn't me and had absolutely zero to do with anything I said. You could retract it and address it to BG and his statement, where it belongs, but somehow I don't think that was your agenda. Digging around in other threads in an attempt to bolster your excuse is cheap theatrics and an attempt to move away from your misspeak.

Whatever makes you sleep at night. I don't agree. You jumped in and gave an answer to a question that wasn't me and had absolutely zero to do with anything I said. You could retract it and address it to BG and his statement, where it belongs, but somehow I don't think that was your agenda. Digging around in other threads in an attempt to bolster your excuse is cheap theatrics and an attempt to move away from your misspeak.

Not much digging required. You’re vocal about some things which makes them easy to find.

If you hadn’t at least twice previously ascribed a pension motive to Singh’s political choices regarding the next election I’d absolutely say “my bad”. But you have, so the worst I can be accused of is taking your own posts as face value. If I somehow got something wrong in quoting two of your prior posts verbatim, I’m willing to be set straight.

If another port strike occurs, I don’t see how the Libs cannot force the parties to arbitration and back to work. Surely Singh will vote against that…

Vote on what, precisely, though? Nothing about the rail strike/lockout went to a vote. Turns out the labour minister has administrative authority to order them back unless the courts ultimately rule otherwise.

The fact is that the NDP coffers are bare and they are down in the polls. Until they can win back those votes and raise more capital they won’t bring down the government.
It might actually be the best time for them to move. They are already behind the others, being dragged down by close association/ties to an unpopular government. A four year term to rebuild and separate themselves from the LPC might just be what they need, if any of them are thinking beyond this upcoming election.

It might actually be the best time for them to move. They are already behind the others, being dragged down by close association/ties to an unpopular government. A four year term to rebuild and separate themselves from the LPC might just be what they need, if any of them are thinking beyond this upcoming election.
They’re still gonna ride this out as long as they can justify, and try to push further progress on some of their signature policy items.

They’re still gonna ride this out as long as they can justify, and try to push further progress on some of their signature policy items.
I suspect you are correct, much like Trudeau and the LPC, I think they still believe they can turn things around.

Seeing what they did to Mulcair, I doubt many of the power brokers are thinking rationally. I suspect they have become to comfortable with having access to power.

Not much digging required. You’re vocal about some things which makes them easy to find.

If you hadn’t at least twice previously ascribed a pension motive to Singh’s political choices regarding the next election I’d absolutely say “my bad”. But you have, so the worst I can be accused of is taking your own posts as face value. If I somehow got something wrong in quoting two of your prior posts verbatim, I’m willing to be set straight.
You're obviously not ready to accept any blame so there's little sense pursuing it.

I suspect you are correct, much like Trudeau and the LPC, I think they still believe they can turn things around.
I think they know better than that… But they (NDP) can try to get some things enacted and locked in, at least to the point where a subsequent CPC government would need to fully legislate to reverse them. If NDP can get a couple major initiatives to stick the landing and survive a CPC government, that’s a win for them.

I think they know better than that… But they (NDP) can try to get some things enacted and locked in, at least to the point where a subsequent CPC government would need to fully legislate to reverse them. If NDP can get a couple major initiatives to stick the landing and survive a CPC government, that’s a win for them.
I don't know, there is nothing that they have accomplished so far with pressure to the LPC that has had much impact on most Canadians. If the CPC get a strong majority, they can axe any changes early and it will be forgotten by the time the next election rolls around.

I've seen nothing from the party thus far to make me believe there is much in the way of strategic thinking going on. Which is too bad, as the LPC need to spend a very long time wander in the wilderness to find their centrist roots.

Singh said the Liberals will not stand up to corporate interests and he will be running in the next election to "stop Conservative cuts."

And it looks like the NDP are going to run against the Tories and scare their supporters to the Liberals. Idiots.

Back