• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Jagmeet Singh, probably the biggest political loser?

Anyone taking bets ?
Given the difference of how much money Team Orange has pulled together since last year (less than $10M) compared to Blue (almost $49M) & Red (less than $24M), one can hope, but I don't see them ready for any confidence vote breakup anytime soon. Still, it'll be interesting to see/hear what comes out ....

Right now I hope the Canada Future Party runs in my riding. I can at least park my small vote percentage there.
The NDP are going to have "tough conversations" about the Supply and Confidence Agreement (SCA) at their caucus meeting in Montréal this week. I doubt Singh has the cojones to transfer those tough conversations into action against the SCA.

Would the Canadian Futures Party similarly prop up a CPC minority government?

Given the difference of how much money Team Orange has pulled together since last year (less than $10M) compared to Blue (almost $49M) & Red (less than $24M), one can hope, but I don't see them ready for any confidence vote breakup anytime soon. Still, it'll be interesting to see/hear what comes out ....
Its a double edged sword. Jagmeet stays on and gets his pension and half ass "stands up to" Trudeau, however the party will only decline even further.
Call an election now and if lucky, the NDP gains a seat or 3, Jagmeet must aggressively campaign against Trudeau (Even CBC has been saying people see the two parties as one) and show WHY he is a third option. He could use the rail strike as his lead in to breaking the coalition.

People need to see Jagmeet (and the NDP) as a viable third option and he isn't viewed that way right now.

Its a double edged sword. Jagmeet stays on and gets his pension and half ass "stands up to" Trudeau, however the party will only decline even further.
Call an election now and if lucky, the NDP gains a seat or 3, Jagmeet must aggressively campaign against Trudeau (Even CBC has been saying people see the two parties as one) and show WHY he is a third option. He could use the rail strike as his lead in to breaking the coalition.

People need to see Jagmeet (and the NDP) as a viable third option and he isn't viewed that way right now.
Good points.

For now, though, I'm still leaning toward the money (and, if one were truly cynical, JS's pension) meaning no election soon. Still, I'd be happy to be proven wrong on this - I'm intrigued :)

The NDP are going to have "tough conversations" about the Supply and Confidence Agreement (SCA) at their caucus meeting in Montréal this week. I doubt Singh has the cojones to transfer those tough conversations into action against the SCA.

Would the Canadian Futures Party similarly prop up a CPC minority government?
To wit:

I suspect they will pull out of the deal. Internal polling and current performance in the upcoming by election may be the factors.

Expect the CPC to test their resolve with confidence motions…

I think you're right, I'm not sure what other realistic big news they could have.

What if they offer to continue the SCA contingent on JT stepping down in 30 days ?

Could the NDP force the LPC to change leadership ?

I think you're right, I'm not sure what other realistic big news they could have.

What if they offer to continue the SCA contingent on JT stepping down in 30 days ?

Could the NDP force the LPC to change leadership ?
That would be bold.

Cat’s out of the bag. They are pulling out because members want it and they want to avoid having a CPC win.

Said that the decision was made a few weeks ago…not sure I believe that part though.

It would be funny if Singh demands the NDP be invited into Cabinet with Singh himself as deputy PM- or face an election.
Now THAT would be bold! LOL!
Cat’s out of the bag. They are pulling out because members want it and they want to avoid having a CPC win.

Said that the decision was made a few weeks ago…not sure I believe that part though.
Yup ....
... with this from the horse's mouth
1725469560690.png
I stand corrected thinking they wouldn't do this. Mind you, we'll see how keen they are to pull the trigger, especially with this ....
... Expect the CPC to test their resolve with confidence motions…

Back