• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

July 2010 BMQ

Saja

Inactive
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else is heading to BMQ July 10th, 2010, St. Jean?

Got the call March 5th, wooooot!!!  Swear in June 4th in Ottawa.  Am so very proud and excited to become a member of the Canadian Forces, going RMS Clerk - Land.

:salute:

I am! I just got the call on Thursday. I swear in on July 7 in Halifax, going RMS Clerk - Navy. I can't wait to get going.

Me too :)  Got the call last Tuesday. I swear in on June 4th in Ottawa.  Going RMS Clerk- Army. :D

Hey got the call about 2 weeks ago, Swearing in june 16th, BMQ July 10th, going for medtech-land

Hello, I have been reading the forums over the last 6 months and the information provided has helped me get through the application process to finally given a date for BMQ in July.

The application process for me started in August 09 with all the ups and downs of the process.  In January I received the medically unfit letter from RMO, but appealed the decision and have since accepted a job offer. 

I am 37 years old and the decision to join the CF has always been something I wanted to do, and now I feel I am in the right place in my life to make the commitment. 

Is there anyone else going to BMQ in July??

I'm close in date, mine starts August 9th.

I'm just a fresh-faced 19 year old trying to find where I feel i'm supposed to be

Sounds all too familiar, a mirror of my application process!!!  Am headed to basic for July 12th as well.  I am 45 years young female and very excited to tackle all the challenges as a new recruit.  Guess I will met you there  :salute:

What trade is your trade?

I'm close as well. Got my call a couple weeks ago with an offer to go for basic on July 26th! All I'm waiting for now is another call with more details (should be shortly).

I'm going in as a Combat Engineer. Going in at the ripe young age of 18.

My trade is a Naval Weapons Tech.  I am a Commercial Diver by trade as well so I am hoping to get a sub trade as a ships diver or maybe clearance diver later on.  Yes I found the application process very frustrating, but I had remind myself that I am applying for a job that has a lot of people going through the process and federal government.

Have you started the physical training?  What is your trade?

Am going RMS Clerk - Land,  as I  was a paralegal in the civvie world. Have begun training for the past couple of months, basically working on strength and core to begin with and of course pushups.  Which I am proud to say I can now do  :)

Still have 2.5 months to get even stronger and work on my cardio with which I am starting to see results.  Motivation is not an issue as I am so pumped and excited to begin basic!!!

I got a call with a job offer and I think the guy handling my case said June 11, but now I think I might have misheard him and my basic is July 12th. Oh well.

If you guys don't mind my asking when did you get the call? i was deemed medically fit in January and was told i would a call in mid march, when that didn't come i talked to the lieutenant who interviewed me and said that the selection that was supposed to happen didn't, and that i should wait a couple more weeks. just curious to see when they started calling people for the year. i'm applying in Toronto if it makes a difference

,thanks

My career counsellor called me around a week and a half ago saying that I'm going to offered a job for 4 years Combat Engineer ect. and that my basic starts on June 10th. I haven't signed anything or gone to the CFRC since then so I don't really don't know what happens next. I applied last June out of Ottawa.

Hey guys (and gals), got the call early march, ill be heading to st jean july 12th, going in for med tech. Hope you all ( if from the GTA) enjoy running in a bit warmer temperatures, its quite nice not eating salt by faceplanting on the sidewalk numerous times this winter (dont trust the drivers around here... too many close calls running on the roads, even with a bright yellow underarmour hoodie). Might i also add, DONT FORGET to train the legs..., pushups, chin ups and sit ups are great exercises, but nothing builds core strength like a PROPERLY done squat or deadlift, with 85% of your muscles being activated in a squat you cant go wrong. Goodluck to all with training, see yeah there soon.

BMQ course for me starts April 12th. Im excited, its been a solid 8 month wait :)

Hey Duke,

Im also heading out for the August 9th BMQ,  what trade you going for?

as I previously mentioned above, im coming in for NCIOP. I've always liked computers, so the thought of being an NCIOP just feels right, you know?

I'm sure we'll see each other there, Maytag, at some point in the course

I'm in the same boat as you Sam 45, with a different start date.

B-dub said:
If you guys don't mind my asking when did you get the call? i was deemed medically fit in January and was told i would a call in mid march, when that didn't come i talked to the lieutenant who interviewed me and said that the selection that was supposed to happen didn't, and that i should wait a couple more weeks. just curious to see when they started calling people for the year. i'm applying in Toronto if it makes a difference

,thanks

I got my call two weeks ago tomorrow. I applied at the beginning of November 09 to go in as an Engineering Officer, then changed my mind and changed my application a few weeks back (beginning of March 2010) to Combat Engineer. Got my call 5 days later. I'm going through the recruiting center in St. John's, NL.

Back