• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

July 2010 BMQ

Hey Everyone,

I just got the call, goin to basic on the 26th. Well I actually will be at Mega on the 24th. Anyone else goin that day?

I am leavin outta Cobourg by train, dont know the time yet.

Lookin forward to it.

Hey Everyone,

I just got the call, goin to basic on the 26th. Well I actually will be at Mega on the 24th. Anyone else goin that day?

Lookin forward to it.

Hey Everyone,

Lookin forward to it.

The previous three posts are a prime example of what we have come to know as a typical "Meathead". 

One more cut and paste of the above and MP_Bound will be OUT of here for good.

George Wallace said:
The previous three posts are a prime example of what we have come to know as a typical "Meathead". 

One more cut and paste of the above and MP_Bound will be OUT of here for good.

My apologies,

I was intending on starting a new topic, but it keeps putting it into this thread.

Sincerely,

Meathead

MP_Bound said:
My apologies,

I was intending on starting a new topic, but it keeps putting it into this thread.

And the thread is titled BMQ July 2010.  There's no need to start a new thread for every date.

Thanks for all the wonderful advice, you all are just so helpful! :salute:

MP_Bound said:
Thanks for all the wonderful advice, you all are just so helpful! :salute:

Attention to detail is very important in the CF.  You'll learn that on BMQ.  Several times over.  ;) 

Oh I can only begin to imagine what I will learn there lol.

I know I started the post for BMQ for July 2010, well I got a call yesterday from the recruiting centre in Halifax and they notified me that my date has changed.  I will be sworn in on May 4th and send to BMQ on May 22nd.

I am looking forward to going sooner and I can't wait to get started. 

Dhdiver:  Congratulations!!!!  on getting an earlier date for BMQ, keep us posted on how things are going when you can, and will see you around the mega  :salute:

I got the call 3 days ago.  I'm very happy and excited! :)  My course starts July 26th.  I'm exercising constantly, I want to be as physically fit as possible before I go.  I'm in as Armoured Soldier.  I'll see all you other July people there!

bc_boy2 said:
I got the call 3 days ago.  I'm very happy and excited! :)  My course starts July 26th.  I'm exercising constantly, I want to be as physically fit as possible before I go.  I'm in as Armoured Soldier.  I'll see all you other July people there!

Hey!

I am going to the July 26th BMQ as well!

Going in as armoured too!

Where you shippin out from?
I am taking a train from Cobourg, Ontario on July 24th.

Good day all.  I'm kind of hoping to join you July 12th people - won't know for sure til I get back to St Jean though.  No matter, as long as I graduate by the end of November I'm a happy chickadee.

As for workout things, I can give you a detailed description of one of the best (and most hateful) workouts I've ever done while there.

Medicine ball + Hill + circuit  for working your entire body really. Carry a 6-8kg medicine ball in front of you *not resting it on your abdomen* run up and walk down the sides of a steep hill (preferably grassy) for about 30m. Then do the following, 15 situps with medicine ball, put the ball down (obv) run with high knees about 10 m, drop and do 15 leg lifts, sprint for about 20m, drop and hold the plank position for 1 min, roll onto your back and bicycle for 20 reps, sprint over to your ball and do the hill course again, this time walking backward up the hill and forward down it.  Repeat circuit until workout time reaches one hour.  Alternative exercises can include Russian twist with medicine ball, pushups, medicine ball pushups. I also recommend alternating your plank positions, if for no other reason than for variety ie/ hands, elbows (ouchie) and forearms, and if you're really brave, a bosu ball or medicine ball.

Dont forget to drink your water!

Anyone else going to St. Jean in July? Send me a message or e-mail me if you are. I am going in as an rms clerk, but have been told that due to my test scores, that they can change my trade on me at the drop of a hat...is this true? I am 34 years old, and a father of three. I was told that this does not change my eligibility for deployment overseas. How likely is it that I will be deployed? Either way, I am more than willing to do what ever it is that the forces asks me to do. I know that is part and parcel of being in the regular force. I was in Air Cadets back in the 1980s; however, I understand this has nothing to do with the journey that I have now engaged in. I do some form of PT on a daily basis. I make sure that I am up no later than 5am, and usually go for around a 5km run at that time. I do not keep track of how fast i run, or how many push-ups or sit-ups i can do, although i know I am well beyond the minimum standard. I simply give it 100%, as I am preparing for my time at BMQ, and that is my main focus right now. Anyone have any tips for me?

Back