• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

July 2010 BMQ

If you missed or just outright ignored the numerous links provided on the site, you should watch this video for an indication of what you may face if you don't honour the criteria for joining this site. 

You should have read the Army.ca Conduct Guidelines when you registered for the site......and not ignored them.

I am leaving for BMQ in July...feel free to contact me if you wish. How is your training going?
:cdn:

I'm doing physio right now, and starting the hard stuff Monday morning.  Hopefully in another week or two I'll be able to start my med. ball training.  Hopefully a space will open up that I can occupy asap!

B-dub said:
If you guys don't mind my asking when did you get the call? i was deemed medically fit in January and was told i would a call in mid march, when that didn't come i talked to the lieutenant who interviewed me and said that the selection that was supposed to happen didn't, and that i should wait a couple more weeks. just curious to see when they started calling people for the year. i'm applying in Toronto if it makes a difference

,thanks

I went for my interview in New Westminster, BC on March 18th, and got the call on April 6th first thing in the morning. What the interviewer said did not make a whole lot of sense. He gave me his card, scratched out his phone number, and told me to e-mail him sometime in mid-May. He said BMQ was full until August, and I would be going before March 2011 to BMQ. Next thing I know, I get the call to go, and they tell me that I may even be going sooner than July 12th...weird...I wonder if getting 100% on the aptitude test has anything to do with this?

MP_Bound said:
Hey!

I am going to the July 26th BMQ as well!

Going in as armoured too!

Where you shippin out from?
I am taking a train from Cobourg, Ontario on July 24th.

That's great! 
I'm actually from Quebec but, I'm english.  My ceremony is on July 14th and I'm gonna be at CFLRS by July 24th, I believe. 

P.S.:  This is the same guy from the facebook page btw  :) lol

bc_boy2 said:
That's great! 
I'm actually from Quebec but, I'm english.  My ceremony is on July 14th and I'm gonna be at CFLRS by July 24th, I believe. 

P.S.:  This is the same guy from the facebook page btw  :) lol

haha yea i put two and two together lol.

when I saw you were from quebec I thought you were gonna be in the french platoon.

I still havent even been told when my Swearing in Date is....my file manager left for a two week vacation but told me to expect a call in June sometime.

Im pumped, i checked the train schedule and I should be at the Mega on the 24th around 4:30-5pm.

Iceman2010 said:
I went for my interview in New Westminster, BC on March 18th, and got the call on April 6th first thing in the morning. What the interviewer said did not make a whole lot of sense. He gave me his card, scratched out his phone number, and told me to e-mail him sometime in mid-May. He said BMQ was full until August, and I would be going before March 2011 to BMQ. Next thing I know, I get the call to go, and they tell me that I may even be going sooner than July 12th...weird...I wonder if getting 100% on the aptitude test has anything to do with this?

Probably not, there may have been a person from your area who suddenly decided to drop out or something and so you were put in to fill the space.

MP_Bound said:

when I saw you were from quebec I thought you were gonna be in the french platoon.

I still havent even been told when my Swearing in Date is....my file manager left for a two week vacation but told me to expect a call in June sometime.

Im pumped, i checked the train schedule and I should be at the Mega on the 24th around 4:30-5pm.

lol yeah, I'm from quebec but, I'm english.  I can speak french too but, my first language is english.

You know, that's funny because my file manager said he was about to go on vacation too...  Luckily, he had the date of my ceremony before he left.  I wouldn't worry about it though, you'll get your date.  If it's anything like me,  you'll have yours about a week before you have to be at the Mega. (mine's on July 14th and I have to be at the Mega on July 24th)

I'm super pumped too  :nod:  I've been excercising daily and reading the CFLRS booklet online every day lol

bc_boy2 said:
lol yeah, I'm from quebec but, I'm english.  I can speak french too but, my first language is english.

You know, that's funny because my file manager said he was about to go on vacation too...  Luckily, he had the date of my ceremony before he left.  I wouldn't worry about it though, you'll get your date.  If it's anything like me,  you'll have yours about a week before you have to be at the Mega. (mine's on July 14th and I have to be at the Mega on July 24th)

I'm super pumped too  :nod:  I've been excercising daily and reading the CFLRS booklet online every day lol

yeah i suspect I will get a call in a couple weeks to let me know firm dates...

i am scheduled to be at the mega on the 24th of july as well.

I have been following a workout timeline as well, will be prepapre for the fitness by the time basic comes

heavygunner said:
100%  eh??? what trade are you going in for?

I told them i wanted to go in as an RMS Clerk, but who knows what they are going to do with me???

Iceman2010 said:
I told them i wanted to go in as an RMS Clerk, but who knows what they are going to do with me???

So you don't know what trade you are enrolled as?  ???

Iceman2010 said:

If you are applying for RMS, then thats what you will get if its open and you are qualified. Its not like the CF sends a guy to the artillery when he applied for something else. You got a good score on the CFAT, good for you. You managed the written equivalent of putting your pants on correctly.

Get over it.

Oh wow Aviator, I seriously just laughed out loud.

Iceman did you get your offer yet? 

If you want RMS Clerk, you'll get it.  There's a forces wide shortage of us folk.  Don't sweat it.  I would be VERY surprised if they offered you something other than what you wanted, knowing that.

MP_Bound said:

Haha, it's cool that we call connected on here and FB at relatively the same time.

I'm not sure on the date of my swearing in yet either, but I figure I'll scoot down to the RC on Tuesday to find out. These next few months are either going to feel very long or very short!

Lil_T said:
Iceman did you get your offer yet?

The guy has a date for BMQ:

Iceman2010 said:
I am leaving for BMQ in July...feel free to contact me if you wish. How is your training going?

He should know what trade he is.  ::)

yeah, I'm an idiot... heh. 

How do you not know what pos'n you were offered?

Lil_T said:
How do you not know what pos'n you were offered?

"Congratulations.  You've been enrolled in the CF as, well, nothing right now, we'll decide after you finish BMQ."  ;)

Back