• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just got called!!

After 1yr since my application went in, battling my cholesterol level.(from 7 to 4 in 2mths)...battling the reserves administration issues(their red tape). Files lost,files found, after the ERC taking 4mths( info lost..redoing x3). I was on OJT last year for my trade,after working well,enough to have a carreer manager,MWO, WO, to make calls on my behalf,to expedite the process. After all that....To-day at 0925hrs.
I GOT THE CALL.............Feels better than winning the lottery........

Cheers  Mike  :cdn:

Wow......some people do make it through the process...gives me hope.....

congrats

Ty............It has been a long haul, alot of hurdles to overcome..and beat..but worth it.......Cheers  Mike.. :cdn:

Well,
After waiting almost 8 months for my transfer I just got the call. I got offered to go in as a QL3 sigop pte to Petawawa with RCD. Does anyone know how big the sig troop is at RCD and what do they do?

Good news today! I got the call, my basic starts Feb 1st. (reg force Infantry)

This couldn't have happened at a better time, as my girlfriend was just informed yesterday (seriously) that she was going to have to move out to Victoria to take care of her grandparents for at least 5 or 6 months, and I was going to have to move back home because I wouldn't be able to afford rent. And since we aren't going to be able to see each other for a while, I might as well be making progress in the military, right? 
I definitely want to extend my thanks to everyone involved with this board, your advice has been much appreciated, and I'm sure will continue to be so. ;)

Congratulations,

Enjoy it while you can! Remember to buy one of those disposible cameras for Basic and don't bring anything expensive - it'll prolly get broken or stolen! Also bring a sewing kit! A half decent one!

Good luck, train hard and listen to what they say closely and DO what you are told!!!

Joe
PS> Those are some of the most important things I've gained off this site about basic...

Congrats, I start Jan 18th, I'll be starting week 3 by the time you get in, might see ya there.

Hey, thought i'd let everybody know, I just got an offer.  (which I accepted of course!)  ;D

Apparently, according to the Master Corporal that i spoke with, there was a selection commitee that sat yesterday, (December 15)
Which is cool, cuz the last time i was in there, I was told that the committee wouldn't sit until Jan 14th.
But I apparently have to redo my PT test, which sucks, it is only good for 6 months.  i thought it was a year, guess i was wrong..  I'm sure i'll do fine, but it's quite a bit of pressure really.

So for anybody who wants to know, here was my timeline.

April 2004, put in application
June  did aptitude and pt test
July did interview and medical, but was told i had to make payment arrangements on old debts, and get note from doctor.
October recruiting office received medical note
November  3, went back to recruiter with debt payment info (which i actually don't think was even needed)
November 15, medical approved, and merit listed
December 15, selection committee
December 16, accept offer, SIG OP

So what now?  I have to redo the PT test sometime before January 20th

January 20th is my swearing in date
February 2nd i'd start basic.

SO!!!

I might be seeing some of you in February!!!!
:salute:

Good job!! Congrats bud, your time line was a lot shorter than some of us!  I have been waiting for a while now!

Congratulations lfejoel25, thats great news, and pretty quick...good luck on your PT Test.

Meridian said:
Out of curiosity,.. why the dealy betw. July and Oct for a med note?

Because they have a doctor that sits in Borden review all medicals.  I'm not just talking about Ontario's medicals, I mean all CFRC's across Canada.  The policy was at one point that the CFRC had to wait until the medical went, was reviewed, approved, AND the physical medical was returned to the CFRC so that the applicant could continue the process.  The process was dragged out needlessly.  I think though it has changed in that once the medical is approved in Borden, the CFRC can simply continue while waiting for the physical copy of the medical to come back.  But yeah...that's what takes the time.

No, according to his timeline, it took from October to November to get an answer from Borden.

He said he handed in the note in oct... but was told in july he needed to get one....

Hey, first off, thanks for the congrats everybody, I appreciate it.

To answer the question about the medical, before the medical could be processed i had to get a form signed by my doctor regarding a childhood illness. But I had a credit problem, and when i had my interview, my understanding was that my app. wouldn't continue to be processed until i came up with some way to deal with the credit issue.  And since i thought i had to do that first, i figured that there was no rush on the medical document.  My plan was to actually bring the form back in when i came back in with my credit payment info.  Luckily though, my doc. sent the form back into the recruiting center instead of back to me which was the plan, or else it might be still getting processed.  Anyways, contrary to what i thought when i left the interview, my app. was being processed, and they were actually waiting on my med form.  After they got it though, it only took about 6 weeks to process.  If i had got that med form back to them right away, i would have probably got an offer  back in november.  but hey, one month more didn't hurt any.

Oh, man. Feelin lots of envy right now. Congrats, dudes. I'm trying to get in to basic for Reg Force Infantry as fast as possible. Feb. 1st would be a perfect time to start. All I've got done is the aptitude and fitness exam. They say January I'll probably be taking my interview and medical. I hope so.

Does anyone know roughly what the average wait might be from a good interview to BMQ?

Back