• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Leave Policy – Christmas / Holidays [Merged]

This may be a stupid question, with the fast pace of operations throughout the country concerning task forces & the upcoming training schedules, do key players involving TF01-08, take off a few weeks for Christmas Leave...As from what I understand, alot of bases & camps are basically empty closer & closer to Christmas....Don't get me wrong, I don't expect anyone to work around Dec 23-26, but are they working over the holidays with such a crunch on time & resources....

Just curious, wondering if everyone stands down, an eventually start up the green machine on January 7th or 8th, 2007?

cbt arms sub tech said:
....Don't get me wrong, I don't expect anyone to work around Dec 23-26, but are they working over the holidays with such a crunch on time & resources....

Just curious, wondering if everyone stands down, an eventually start up the green machine on January 7th or 8th, 2007?

Please explain to my boss why Brucie won't be there those day's, will ya??

cbt arms sub tech said:
Serious answer.... yes they should. The Reg F have annual leave days to burn down.

Sarcastic answer: At 13 months+ from deployment date, if they do not take a full Christmas leave period, then they shall go down as the largest spin cycle in the history of the CF.

St. Micheal's Medical Team said:
Serious answer.... yes they should. The Reg F have annual leave days to burn down.

My unit certainly doesnt stand down for xmas........Army units have that luxury but we do not.

cdnaviator said:
My unit certainly doesnt stand down for xmas........Army units have that luxury but we do not.

Is your unit involved in TF 1-08...or any army TF?

Your unit also doesn't sleep in tents 4 seasons of the yr. You win some, you lose some.

Is your unit involved in TF 1-08...or any army TF?

Your unit also doesn't sleep in tents 4 seasons of the yr. You win some, you lose some.

In all fairnes you said "Reg F"....not "TF 1-08"

True. Reg F implying the regular component of the TF.

cbt arms sub tech said:
Just a name I picked up overseas....

That is odd - you posted this in response to the same question in Aug 2005:

Just a nick name I came up with some night out in the field of Wainwright!

From a quick review of your posts, you are a reservist who has yet to go on a tour.  Where exactly "overseas"?

Edited to change to the right millenium...

....and today's lesson kids, is on the perils of BS'ing  >:D

PPCLI Guy said:
From a quick review of your posts, you are a reservist who has yet to go on a tour.  Where exactly "overseas"?

Couldn't have been recent or far, or he should have known the answer to his initial question.

Couldn't have been recent or far, or he should have known the answer to his initial question.

Perhaps he was one of those "virtual" overseas service people who pop up every so often ???

...and continuing the downward spiral that is this thread,
PPCLI Guy said:
That is odd - you posted this in response to the same question in Aug 1005:

Darn, you guys have been around a long time.......

cbt arms sub tech said:
Just a name I picked up overseas....

That's nice to know. For just a minute there I thought that you were going to pose as claim to be a cross between a Sup Tech and a Combat Storesman. Kind of like a hybrid if you will. And that thought, scared the poop out of me. Really, it did.

Back