• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Leave Policy – Christmas / Holidays [Merged]

Leave policy manual:

Section 2.7 Withholding and Recall From Leave

2.7.01 Policy

The policy for withholding of and recalling from leave is directed in QR&O 16.01, Withholding of and Recall from Leave.

2.7.02 General administration

If a CF member on leave is recalled to duty, the CO shall ensure that the member's URS is notified of the details of the altered leave period.

Pursuant to CBI 209.54, Reimbursement of Expenses When Recalled From or On Cancellation of Leave and CFAO 209-15, Transportation on Leave, Special Leave or Recall From Leave, Section 4, a member who is recalled from leave may be entitled to reimbursement of additional expenses.

QR&O 16.01:

16.01 - WITHHOLDING OF AND RECALL FROM LEAVE

(1) Leave may be withheld from an officer or non-commissioned member only when there is a military requirement to do so.

(2) An officer or non-commissioned member on leave may be recalled to duty only:

a. because of imperative military requirements; and
b. when the member’s commanding officer personally directs the member’s return to duty.

(3) An officer or non-commissioned member recalled to duty under paragraph (2) ceases to be on leave and is on duty during the period of the journey from the place from which he is recalled to his place of duty and during the period of the return journey if he resumes leave immediately after completion of the duty for which he was recalled.

(M) [2 September 2010 – (2) (b)]

Well, to me, it really is that simple.  You can not be on leave and on duty at the same time.  If you have a signed leave pass and 2 days later someone tries to put you on duty, they have 2 choices.  Cancel your leave, or put someone else on duty.

This whole idea of people having signed leave passes, and then being put on duty and it being their problem is right out of 'er.  Its a lack of leadership and decision making with any amount of common sense and consideration of the mbr and, IMO, speaks volumes as to the CofC's GAFF towards their people.

I completely agree, but it's too late for me to get the time back now.  That's why I leave early on Fridays.  ;D

;)

Was it one of those duties posted in RO's?  Use to be that you could either contact the person responsible for the duty list, advise them you were on leave and they would pick the next person on the list or your section could find someone else for the duty and pass on the name.

CountDC said:
Was it one of those duties posted in RO's?  Use to be that you could either contact the person responsible for the duty list, advise them you were on leave and they would pick the next person on the list or your section could find someone else for the duty and pass on the name.

Nope.  Over the Christmas/New Year's leave period, the B Surg wanted a PMed to be on call.  ::)

There was only two of us, so we split the duty and only had the phone turned on from 0800-1600 M-F with the exception of the stat holidays.

When I got posted back there as a Sgt, I got rid of the PMed duty phone.  >:D

Eye In The Sky said:
Problem solved!  ;D

Did you get ES for "leading change" that PER season?  >:D

I don't recall.  I did get promoted the next year.....  ;D

Sort of a difficult situation because my CoC holds onto the CF100's until 30 minutes before leave begins. Told the person in charge of the duty roster today and explained how last stat holiday weekend I was on duty and was told it was because I wasn't going anywhere. This time I AM going home and still have duties.

CDN Aviator said:
I'm suitably surprised.

I'm not. This was an issue when I was back at the regiment. Only with certain groups. The admin Sgt should have got the duty roster months ago; and most likely didn't do his job with picking someone a few weeks ago and notifying them.

Leadership fail, no one will fry for it anymore being half the trouble.

dogger1936 said:

It is something i expect from the Navy more than anything else. If anything, the last year has caused me to develop a significant loathing for some of the Navy's "methods".

SevenSixTwo said:
Sort of a difficult situation because my CoC holds onto the CF100's until 30 minutes before leave begins. Told the person in charge of the duty roster today and explained how last stat holiday weekend I was on duty and was told it was because I wasn't going anywhere. This time I AM going home and still have duties.

Have you spoken to your supervisor about this yet? Every leave period there is always someone who has a duty/leave conflict. Frankly, sometimes I miss it when processing a Bty's worth of leave but it always gets delt with before they go on leave if they bring it up. Leave is leave and is there for a reason. As with most things in this army, if you haven't brought it to the attention of your CoC yet, you can't really expect the situation to take care of itself.

SevenSixTwo said:

IF your Leave Pass is signed, its signed, regardless of if your CofC has given it to you or not.

Jesus christ, there are some retarded issues in the CF these days.  Some of our leaders are right out of 'er. 

jeffb said:
Have you spoken to your supervisor immediate superior(s) about this yet?

FTFY.  Supervisor is (should be atleast...) a term for "your boss at Swiss Chalet or Walmart".  ;)

Eye In The Sky said:
FTFY.  Supervisor is (should be atleast...) a term for "your boss at Swiss Chalet or Walmart".  ;)

You would have an aneurism where i work then.

Yes, I have talked to my immediate CoC. Apparently, this is how they've been doing it for years here. People doing duty during leave that is with no note of it on the CF-100.

CDN Aviator said:
It is something i expect from the Navy more than anything else. If anything, the last year has caused me to develop a significant loathing for some of the Navy's "methods".
Hmmm. In the course of 15 years in the Navy I've never had a bad leave pass experience. Maybe (and I'm just shooting in the dark here) your year with the Navy hasn't exposed you to enough of it to pass judgements on the entire institution on the basis of a single unit. But hey, what do I know?

hamiltongs said:
Hmmm. In the course of 15 years in the Navy I've never had a bad leave pass experience. Maybe (and I'm just shooting in the dark here) your year with the Navy hasn't exposed you to enough of it to pass judgements on the entire institution on the basis of a single unit. But hey, what do I know?

I refer you to the original post in this thread. Up until this recent post, i thought only the Navy would approve leave and then tell the guy he has duty watch in the middle of it and that it is his problem. Not the first instance of this i hear. I was, however, wrong.

Leave is leave.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that your experience with leave passes is going to be somewhat different than it is going to be for the lower-deckers.

Back