• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

To that can be added "authoritarianism". Real "authoritarianism" is when the "authority" has compliant legislatures, courts, press and media, etc.

To that can be added "authoritarianism". Real "authoritarianism" is when the "authority" has compliant legislatures, courts, press and media, etc.
I just find it funny how a Prime minister dealing with a minority parliament can be considered a dictator or authoritarian.

Does anyone think the tone would be different if the shoe were on the other foot?

I mean, that's the....reasonable take on the situation.

I'm pretty sure that MP of that party is not being reasonable.

She's not and instead of working for Canadians and holding the governments feet to the fire she clamoring for likes and sounds bite gotcha moments.

As my Irish Gran would say she's an eejit.

Insurance companies will insure anything if it can be made profitable. They’ll need good data first, but once it exists they’ll price it in and go for it. Might be that we’ll see automated trucks do the technologically easier driving over long distance between major logistical hubs, with humans taking shorter distance local stuff.
Ummm, isn't the most economical method of long distance land cartage rail? Agree with your local solution tho'.

Ummm, isn't the most economical method of long distance land cartage rail? Agree with your local solution tho'.
Maybe? Dunno. It simply has to be profitable enough for insurance companies to insure, is the only point I was making. That will factor into the relative costs of means of transport. I’m not making any claim about which is/will be the best option for a given setting.

I feel the CPC mafia gets in the way of CPC members voting in who they want.
If it happens in other parties, it can happen there, for sure - from national to riding levels.

Some of the "getting who "we" want" magic is played out in how the leader's selected. Remember last time how one candidate had the highest number of popular votes at one point, but not votes in the heavier-weighted areas? That sort of thing can cause party faithful of any team jersey to shake their heads.

The definition of "dictator" is malleable, like "authoritarian". Both were very popular in political discourse recently.

On April 1st the carbon tax goes up, you're welcome
🙂

Oh and MPs are getting a raise
🙂

At CBC: "The 2022-23 deficit projection is $52.8 billion — half of what it was last year"

Jesus H Christ on a crutch in a sidecar.

Another wonderful find (again from a CBC article):

"The main part of what the government is calling a "Canada Recovery Dividend" consists of a one-time tax of 15 per cent on their profits over $1 billion, for the 2021 tax year. That move is expected to bring in about $4 billion."

Which, in all likelihood, will actually be paid by employees (current inflation being what it is, it would be nice to allow institutions to consider plowing the "excess profits" into raises) and shareholders (including pension funds).

It will actually be paid by customers. 5 cents here, 10 cents there in fees, and it's quickly recovered.

Back