• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

oh here is where you can start and go down the rabbit hole.

Everyone's mileage may vary on this one.
They managed to miss this story ....
Screenshot 2022-07-29 112052.jpg
... so I'll now put this in the same category as Russia Today. Buffalo Chronicle - the outlet that manages to chronicle everything BUT what happens in Buffalo ;)

Liberals withhold funds to Hockey Canada
They managed to miss this story ....
View attachment 72274
... so I'd put this in the same category as Russia Today. Buffalo Chronicle - the outlet that manages to chronicle everything BUT what happens in Buffalo ;)
I did mean to imply take it with a grain of salt.

But my position is there are unanswered questions and some smoke on this one. So........I do believe we will never know the truth here.

But if things like this start coming out in the paid for media the Liberals may have the knives out.

One of my biggest surprises is that Trudeau team has done a great of keep the Liberal backroom and others from Game of Throning him. People forget the Martin/Chretien wars of the 90's.

... But if things like this start coming out in the paid for media the Liberals may have the knives out.
Well, MSM didn't under-cover the WE stuff, so it's a start.
... One of my biggest surprises is that Trudeau team has done a great of keep the Liberal backroom and others from Game of Throning him ...
So far (or that we've seen) - I still wouldn't put it past some.

I think he’s told the powers that be that he isn’t running next time. Probably why the knives are sheathed at this time.
You are most likely right. He told them or they told him. But doesn't really matter.

He may have a problem Boris may beat him to his dream job.

You are most likely right. He told them or they told him. But doesn't really matter.

He may have a problem Boris may beat him to his dream job.
But is NATO SecGen PMJT's dream job, honestly. Maybe more like this would be to his liking. Not that he has the "right stuff" by any means, but this is something I picture him jones-ing for more than NATO supremo.

I don't know where people are getting the impression that he won't run again. He's already stated he would and he still has to out-reign his dad (~15 years) to cement his legacy.

I don't know where people are getting the impression that he won't run again. He's already stated he would and he still has to out-reign his dad (~15 years) to cement his legacy.
My sense - based on nothing but "gut feel" - is that:

1. He wants to run again - I think that he thinks that he is, actually, on the right side of both the big issues and history ... some, even many, may beg to differ; and

2. The Liberal Party is so deeply divided about who might succeed him as to be unable to act coherently.

Words, careful words were spoken. All he said is he would be around for the next election.

I think his last election gamble for a majority didn’t materialize. He’s made an arrangement with the NDP to cement his legacy and he’s pretty much on that tour.

His little trip to Tofino was probably his version of his walk in the snow.

I think calls that he isn't running again is just wishful thinking.

Why wouldn't he run again? He's untouchable, gets to fly around and play dress up, gets to run shoulders with important people, gets to do favors for his friends and family.

It's an easy $380K a year.

My sense - based on nothing but "gut feel" - is that:

1. He wants to run again - I think that he thinks that he is, actually, on the right side of both the big issues and history ... some, even many, may beg to differ; and

2. The Liberal Party is so deeply divided about who might succeed him as to be unable to act coherently.
I still believe that today's Trudeau-led Liberal Party is closer to a personality cult than a political party. I also beleive that sacking JWR and Philpot was a sign to those who would oppose him that they should have an exit strategy from politics in place and an updated résumé in hand.

Words, careful words were spoken. All he said is he would be around for the next election.
His seat is safely Red.

Singh is the most likely political figure to knife Le Dauphin and force an early election.
His little trip to Tofino was probably his version of his walk in the snow.
Outside of a few enraged pundits, nobody cared. That's already been forgotten and his recent sojourn into apologyland with His Holiness has made amends for Tofino with most voters.

I think calls that he isn't running again is just wishful thinking.

Why wouldn't he run again? He's untouchable, gets to fly around and play dress up, gets to run shoulders with important people, gets to do favors for his friends and family.

It's an easy $380K a year.
And he can make much more on the speaking circuit.

I guess we’ll see.

His seat is safely Red.

Singh is the most likely political figure to knife Le Dauphin and force an early election.

Outside of a few enraged pundits, nobody cared. That's already been forgotten and his recent sojourn into apologyland with His Holiness has made amends for Tofino with most voters.
His seat is irrelevant. The fact that nobody cared is also irrelevant. He had a hissy fit and convinced himself that Canada does not deserve him so he’ll walk when the time is right.

He has two minorities in a row. To him that is likely rejection and I doubt he wants that again. I do agree that he probably WANTS a to run but I doubt he will.

All speculation on my part but we’ll see.

Sure. But more than power he wants to be liked. People are liking him less and less.

His seat is irrelevant. The fact that nobody cared is also irrelevant. He had a hissy fit and convinced himself that Canada does not deserve him so he’ll walk when the time is right.
He has regular hissy fits.
He has two minorities in a row. To him that is likely rejection and I doubt he wants that again. I do agree that he probably WANTS a to run but I doubt he will.
He thinks his celebrity is an enabler for success at the polls. He is, by far, the most charismatic of the federal leaders and CPC leadership hopefuls and he presents well publicly when well prepared and given a script.

I think he also knows that his employment prospects once he leaves 24 Sussex will be non-existent internationally and limited domestically.
All speculation on my part but we’ll see.
What I could see him doing is stepping aside to let one of his minions lose the next election. Then, within a couple of years, return to lead Team Red triumphantly to another majority.

Sure. But more than power he wants to be liked. People are liking him less and less.
You don't intentionally sow division(wedge politics) if you want to be liked, you do that to be in power and have influence. As long as the right people like him, he is more than happy to be disliked by the people he considers beneath him.

Back