• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lost - Missing Kit ( merged )

NavyPhoenix said:
And don't forget the cover letter for the TPS Reports. You got the memo, right?

The You and George are sounding like a pair of HRAs.  [:D

NavyPhoenix said:
And don't forget the cover letter for the TPS Reports. You got the memo, right?

Yea, the memo... I believe it was CRPA'd. I will send up the requisition to have that released next week. George buddy you're gonna hafta wait till I read that. Might be a while...

This is fun!

BinRat55 said:
Yea, the memo... I believe it was CRPA'd. I will send up the requisition to have that released next week. George buddy you're gonna hafta wait till I read that. Might be a while...

This is fun!

Will I need to dig out an old stack of 1028's and submit?

George Wallace said:
Will I need to dig out an old stack of 1028's and submit?

Um yeah George I'm gonna get you to go ahead and raise that 1028... but I have no bloody clue where to send it. What are we doing again? I'm on coffee. Back in 30!

I'm releasing in a few weeks and have an appointment scheduled to return all my kit to base supply/clothing next week.  Can anyone please tell me accurately what the policy is or what happens if I cannot find all of my kit to return?  I cannot find several items, including rain jacket & rain pants, cadpat daybag, bivvy bag and ranger blanket, and seem to be missing 1 set of combats top and bottom.  I have everything else ie: rucksack, sleeping bags, helmet, tacvest, fragvest etc.  What happens if I cannot locate and return these items? 

brokendude said:
I'm releasing in a few weeks and have an appointment scheduled to return all my kit to base supply/clothing next week.  Can anyone please tell me accurately what the policy is or what happens if I cannot find all of my kit to return?  I cannot find several items, including rain jacket & rain pants, cadpat daybag, bivvy bag and ranger blanket, and seem to be missing 1 set of combats top and bottom.  I have everything else ie: rucksack, sleeping bags, helmet, tacvest, fragvest etc.  What happens if I cannot locate and return these items?

Cadpat uniforms are controlled and have to be reported to the MPs. Depending who you talk to, that includes the rain jacket and pants, because it carries the cadpat pattern, but I'm not exactly sure about that

As for the other stuff, you'll have to likely fill a lost report and will be charged for the more expensive items. They don't usually care for small stuff, but you'll have to discuss that with them.

[quote author=broken dude]  I cannot find several items, including rain jacket & rain pants, cadpat daybag, bivvy bag and ranger blanket, and seem to be missing 1 set of combats top and bottom.
[/quote]
Lol
Can't find it eh?  No one will believe that.
You're going to have to pay for that stuff, a few hundred dollars at least, and hope the military police don't start an investigation on you.

Jarnhamar said:
Lol
Can't find it eh?  No one will believe that.
You're going to have to pay for that stuff, a few hundred dollars at least, and hope the military police don't start an investigation on you.

This was my thoughts as well, but I didn't want to say it lol!

This list of missing stuff does certainly look suspicious to say the least, might warrant a look! Dollar amount is easily over 500$, given the coat and pants themselves are close to 400$

But I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt to the member and say that the missing items, which for the most part is on the side of nicer items issued; was actually lost and not just "missing"

brokendude said:

Bring your cheque book.

MM

Dimsum said:
Serious question - do people still use those?!

Yup - I still have rent to pay monthly, and when I cleared out for the last time, had to bring mine because there were some missing items.  The Receiver General likes cheques still.

MM

I have been told there is a maximum dollar amount authorized to be charged when items of issued kit are not returned and reports are done.

brokendude said:
I have been told there is a maximum dollar amount authorized to be charged when items of issued kit are not returned and reports are done.

That doesn't negate the MPs from investigating the losses, even if there is a maximum reimbursable amount.

My recommendation would be to continue looking, so you don't open yourself to unnecessary scrutiny.

What happened was I was injured on an exercise and had to be transported to a local hospital for treatement immediately.  When I was taken to the hospital in the safety vehicle, all my kit remained at the site of training.  Several days later, I received most of my kit back, except my daybag which had my rainsuit, ranger blanket inside bivvy bag, one full set of combats, extra pair of boots, goretex socks, field hat etc.  Essentially a full days worth of dry clothing along with sleeping gear.  This was a few years back and I evidently never filed the report.  I have been injured since that day and not deployed to field, therefore I have not gone through my kit since. So I had completely forgotten about it until now that Im medically releasing and trying to find and organize all my kit to turn back in.

Shitty deal dude.  You may get some people to collaborate your story but there's going to be a lot of questions about you not noticing you didn't have a rain jacket or only 2 sets of uniforms in a few years I would guess.

Just write that up on the loss report, you'll be fine.

brokendude said:
What happened was I was injured on an exercise and had to be transported to a local hospital for treatement immediately.  When I was taken to the hospital in the safety vehicle, all my kit remained at the site of training.  Several days later, I received most of my kit back, except my daybag which had my rainsuit, ranger blanket inside bivvy bag, one full set of combats, extra pair of boots, goretex socks, field hat etc.  Essentially a full days worth of dry clothing along with sleeping gear.  This was a few years back and I evidently never filed the report.  I have been injured since that day and not deployed to field, therefore I have not gone through my kit since. So I had completely forgotten about it until now that Im medically releasing and trying to find and organize all my kit to turn back in.

If that's the case, your med file should also have that on it (injury, date, etc).  I was injured once, they cut my parka and combats off me at the BHosp in Lancaster Park, I don't remember what happened to my boots.  Once I clued in later on, after being released from the BHosp and all that, I submitted a MLR/LKR whichever you want to call it, explained what happened and how my stuff was cut off me, etc and I didn't pay a cent and my SOI was topped back up.

Eye In The Sky said:
If that's the case, your med file should also have that on it (injury, date, etc).  I was injured once, they cut my parka and combats off me at the BHosp in Lancaster Park, I don't remember what happened to my boots.  Once I clued in later on, after being released from the BHosp and all that, I submitted a MLR/LKR whichever you want to call it, explained what happened and how my stuff was cut off me, etc and I didn't pay a cent and my SOI was topped back up.

Yes, everything about the injury is on file.  Hence why I am being medically released.

Back