• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Making Combat Clothing Better

It melts rather extraordinarily well (or badly depending upon what your goal is...). I shitcanned all my CF undergear when we did a little melt test.

Was the old waffle stuff as bad for that? Starting to think I should have kept mine...

Merino wool is good stuff. Or silk. The waffle cotton cr*p would be more likely kill you from hypothermia before any flames get you.

Not as far as I am aware. I intend to push for it on the ALSE (Aviation Life Suppport Equipment) side, though.

It is pricey, and they only ship by UPS which doesn't help, but it's worth it as far as I'm concerned.

CP Gear carries the shirts, but I got the short and long underwear directly.

Sarcasm" if you wanna make the clothing better get rid of CTS and its empire LOL" ;D.
The long testing and procurment time is causing us to fall behind in the avalible technology, when CTS first started down the developement road it was cutting edge. Now not so much, partialy it is CTS trying to sustain itself, the procurment system and ultimatly the responsability to the tax payer to spend the money wisely.
Now that has been said, a shirt like the FROG/ACU under armour shirt with a crye type vest would be a good thing. Along with that concept a system of combats a la the FROG system seems like a brilliant idea (to be worn only in combat/danger areas.) The rumournet states that the new series of combats in TW will have arm pockets, but I will believe that when I see it. (side note I am not trying to offend anyone with my statements)
R711 OUT

Caleb Crye is a Canadian -- he went south since there was no interest in high speed stuff in Canada...

Back