• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medical Rejection: How to Appeal? [Merged]

Hello,

I have looked throughout the forums on posts about appealing letters from DOD. I have not found any posts on appealing letters about past history of asthma or use of puffers. I have found posts on flat feet and such, but none on my topic.

I received a letter from DOD, disqualifying me because as a child I had problems with asthma, due to allergies and stress in my home. However, I have not had to use puffers or have had any problems in 6 years with asthma. I was informed by my recruiter that I could appeal this letter to the Medical board in Hamilton, I believe is where he said.

My questions are: How do I appeal a letter to the board?? If I successfully get the letter appealed, how long will it be before i know, if I can continue with my processing, and rebook my Fit test (it should have been tomorrow at 1320)??

Theses questions are directed more so at the Medics on this site. However, any answers are appreciated.

:cdn:

Thanks in Advance

MilitaryGirl88

Funny....I took your word "asthma" and plunked it into the little box at the top of the page and hit Search and I found four pages of articles on asthma.  Did you try that?

I know this topic has been covered many times before.

George,
        To be honest, I hadn't typed in asthma in the search function. I was looking more specifically for letters from the DOD and appealing them, but thanks, anyways.

MilitaryGirl88

Americans call it DOD, we call it DND and in fact your letter was sent from the CF a department of DND.

tis the same thing basically, i only wanted to know how to appeal it not be corrected on which is which, but thanks kincanuck

Kate

Really? Talk to the medical person that did your medical to see if there is an appeal process for your case as recruiters don't know anything about the medical process.  Also, any appeals would go to Ottawa and not Hamilton and learn to accept correction and criticism now or you will never make it in the CF if you get in that is.

i talked to the medic, and he said all was well and that i would just need to book my PT, Captain. and the letter i got said to send all info to Hamilton, and i can accept critisim thank you very much, sir
Kate

I was informed by my recruiter that I could appeal this letter to the Medical board in Hamilton, I believe is where he said.

or

and the letter i got said to send all info to Hamilton

I just don't know how I got confused then.  Let me take a shot in the dark here.  You are applying for the reserves but not in Hamilton but under the control of CFRC Hamilton and therefore the medical person works in CFRC Hamilton?  If so, then once they receive the info they will forward to the RMO in Ottawa.

my recruiting office is in Kitchener Ontario, but the medic who did my medical works in both Hamilton and Kitchener, he's only at my recruiting office once a week, so i am under the control of CFRC Kitchener, sir.

CFRC Detachment Kitchener is under the control of CFRC Hamilton.  Good luck with your appeal. Out.

Wow..... you found no topics on asthma rejection letter appleals, now i know this sorta not what your looking for but this thread (http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/17925.0.html)   and many many other threads have people who recieved rejection letters and appealed them in different ways. So that thread can sorta tell you what to excpect good luck.

- Im currently in same situation PM if any other questions.
:cdn:

hi thanks Usman_Syed, but i went in and spoke to the medic at my recruiting office and he explained it all to me, but thanks
Kate

MilitaryGirl69  has her answer now, and has shown how someone can gain that information.

This is locked,

dileas

tess

I completed the med test on Sept 11th about 2 weeks ago. There were only 2 problems. My blood pressure was a bit on the high side (it runs in the family) I told him that and I said I was a bit nervous, anxious etc. Also I had minor arthroscopic surgery on my knee a little over a year ago because of a torn ACL or torn meniscus (err something... I can't remember.) I told him my leg hasn't bothered me since. Anyway he wanted me to get my operation report from the doctor. He just picked it up last friday I think.

Since my physical on Sept 11th I've been running every day trying to lower my BP, I've stopped eating junk I drink a lot of water so I think it should be lowered by now. (Just incase they wanna take my BP again.) Anyway I just wanted to know if they'd refuse me because of any of that stuff. I mean, I know I can handle BMQ I've run marathons in the past and I'm an avid martial artist among other things.

Did they put your medical on hold until you get your doctor to sign some papers they gave you?  If that's the case then I bet they won't refuse you if you get them signed but will refuse you if you don't.  I passed the medical with a 6 month old ACL tear.

Æ Ninja Æ said:
Anyway I just wanted to know if they'd refuse me because of any of that stuff.

Haven't we gone through this before with you???

Back