• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Merged 64 Pattern Rucksack thread

• Thread starter PTE Gruending
  • Start date

What is the better ruck sack?

• CF Issue Rucksack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pack 64 Jump Ruck

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Has anyone tried this stuff.  I thinking about ordering all of it but I'm not sure about the shoulder straps and back yoke.
If anyone can write a review it would be pretty helpful

Thanks, Graeme

I got the CP '64 pat lowerback/hip pad, no compliants with it so far, pretty comfortable too. An my brother has the whole CP '64 ruck an parts, he hasn't had any problems with his stuff.

In CADPAT or OD?

I'd go the arid CADPAT here, as I do love the 64 ptrn ruck and bag, but the CADPAT sticks out like dogs balls here.

It would be excellent if a bunch of us could approach CP for a group buy of the arid CADPAT bag, straps and pads.

Any takers?

I reckon CP would do it if they had more interest. I am told they have access to arid CADPAT cordura and material.

Regards,

Wes

Wes go for it Mark has allways been good that way he might just run one off for you as a test. does not hurt to ask.

Wesley H. Allen said:
In CADPAT or OD?

I'd go the arid CADPAT here, as I do love the 64 ptrn ruck and bag, but the CADPAT sticks out like dogs balls here.

It would be excellent if a bunch of us could approach CP for a group buy of the arid CADPAT bag, straps and pads.

Any takers?

I reckon CP would do it if they had more interest. I am told they have access to arid CADPAT cordura and material.

Regards,

Wes

I do group orders off of CP all the time for airsofters so maybe I'll put that over to this board as well. let me get back to you in april (won't be around for march, things to do people to see)
Greg

I recall seeing somewhere in a lesson plan a guy had a shelf on his 64 pattern ruck anybody know if this was an actual item made for the ruck or a home made piece of kit. I think it was the winter warfare basic lesson plan.

To attach the 82 pattern kidney pad, I just made some loops with para-cord to go around the frame at the points where the straps on the pad would go around if they were longer.  Had it on there for going on two years now, hasn't failed me yet.

Has anyone ever seen an 82 pattern bag mounted upside down on the lower part of the 64 frame with the valise up on top? I'm pretty sure I saw it once, but I can't remember. If anyone knows how to do it I'd love to learn.

Cheers,
Pinky

Dropzone just updated its site again :D . http://www.dropzonetactical.com/backpacks/64alice.html

Shows the 64 pattern components they make... prices will probably show up in a couple days like their last update.

Metal Shelf: Yes. Rucksack, Universal, C2, did come with a metal shelf, that would allow you to carry an ammo crate, ration box, or jerry can for 'carry parties'.  We never called it a '64 pattern' ruck in the old days when we had 64 pattern webbing, because people would get confused with the Cargo Pack 1964, which WAS issued at the time of the 64 pattern webbing.

Yeah I just noticed that new Dropzone pack. I've moved my keyboard to arm's length so as not to get any saliva on it. That is one sweet lookin pack.

that's one big kidney pad. looks like something that's up my alley. I should check that site more often.
I have seen the 82 bag put on the bottom, but it pretty much made the bag usless and you can't really store everything you'd need in it.
Greg

Yes, the shelf was issue kit for carrying heavy loads on the '64 pattern ruck.  In my experience, if you got too ambitious with it it would bend.  I like the '64 pattern pack and I still use mine during hunting season (with its shelf).

By " '64 pattern pack" do you mean Rucksack universal C2, or Cargo Pack 1964?  The cargo pack 1964 was issued with 1964 pattern webbing (which the militia never oficially got, so they never got the cargo pack), the Rucksack universal C1 and C2 (bag change from cotton duck to riubberized) is the one with assembly instructions in the Arctic and Sub-arctic operations manual. The Cargo pack has a web mesh backpad, but no frame.  The C2 ruck has a metal frame you attach straps, a pouched bag, and a sleeping bag carrier to.

Forgive my ignornance, but I know theres a "guy" in Edmonton, a rigger I think that is producing 64 pat bags. Does anyone have any info for him, i.e. contact or a review of his product/slash service. Thanks guys

I'm pretty sure the "guy" is the maker of the ruckbag on my 64 frame - great work.  I think he deals with 1VP kitshop; try giving them a call.

He made a pretty good ruck, however he ripped me off for $200.  I prepaid for one of his "pathfinder" rucks on the recommendation of others who said he was honest, etc and never got anything but the runaround. He asked me for my address about 6 times (every time I called him!) and said it got sent somewhere else.......and on and on and on...... It was a complete waste of time.  I guess since I lived in BC it was an easy score. Although I could have sold 10 more at least once troops saw it. Don't buy anything from that guy. If you want a name, pm me.

Back