• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military ID Picture

Kamikaze1655

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am going to have my picture taken on Friday for my ID. I still do not have my uniform yet and was wondering what to show up in ( civilian casual or formal). Also, do I have to get a military haircut for it?

Thanks,

Get a haircut, be clean shaven, wear a shirt and tie.

In other words, look presentable.  This photo will probably be hanging around for a couple of years at least.

Most ID Sections will have a CF uniform shirt they will get you to put on for the photo. Show up as suggested, but don't fret about not having a uniform

Ive had Id pics done in 3's, OD 107, cadpat, and Civi. show up and go with the flow.

Reminds me of a story...

On the prep for my first tour in Yugo, we had to get passport photos taken in civis during working hours. The photo tech had exactly one, garishly loud, hawaiin shirt for the entire unit to use. Once you were deployed and traveling on leave with your Bn mates, there were a lot of strange looks and questions from border guards.

Gronk said:
Reminds me of a story...

On the prep for my first tour in Yugo, we had to get passport photos taken in civis during working hours. The photo tech had exactly one, garishly loud, hawaiin shirt for the entire unit to use. Once you were deployed and traveling on leave with your Bn mates, there were a lot of strange looks and questions from border guards.

Reminds me of my high school grad year yearbook where most of the guys passed around a pair of "nerd glasses" one of the guys had and we all have our normal yearbook photos (not the cap and gown ones) wearing the same glasses.

Gronk said:
Reminds me of a story...

I've always thought that every Base Photo Section had at least one "shirt of shame" for those to wear when getting photos if no other "collared shirt" was brought, and the uglier the better!  I know I have had to use it myself at least once  ;D

Harrigan

Harrigan said:
I've always thought that every Base Photo Section had at least one "shirt of shame" for those to wear when getting photos if no other "collared shirt" was brought, and the uglier the better!  I know I have had to use it myself at least once  ;D

Harrigan

I know of at least one member of this site who would revel in that shirt and probably would have walked off with it if they could.  >:D

[No names.  No Pack Drill.]

Harrigan said:

Harrigan

I purposely never brought a collared shirt just so I can get one in the SOS.  :blotto:

Back