• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military would be better to focus on coastline: Layton

Well Mr. Layton just re-affirms my belief that one should never underestimate the power of human stupidity.........especially in a politician....

Rodahn said:
Well Mr. Layton just re-affirms my belief that one should never underestimate the power of human stupidity.........especially in a politician....
+1

Well....

Jack is the leader of a party so far down in the food chain he's gotta play to the lunatic fringe in his party.  Combine that with a feckless media who don't much challenge him on the actual accuracy/truthfullness and things are what they are.  I'd love to hear a reporter begin a question with "But seriously  Jack ...  ;D

HDE said:
I'd love to hear a reporter begin a question with "But seriously  Jack ...  ;D
Hypothetical transcript of Jacks thoughts:
"But seriously  Jack... what do you mean? What you've been saying makes no sense. Afghanistan is landlocked so all we have to do is bring home the ships and the troops can keep doing their jobs defending Canada by taking the fight to the enemy while at the same time liberating Afghanistan and bringing stability to the region... right?
Crap... anything but logic... have to think on my feet
"The Afghanistan war is an American war and not right for Canada"
"Excuse me?...Pardon me but could you please clarify what you mean by the military being better focused on the coastline?"
Come on Jack you can do it
"We should pull out of Afghanistan. The Harper govt is merely America's lapdog."
"Are you feeling okay sir you seem a Little confused about the topic... perhaps we should move on... so do you mean by your statement that you would support more funding for the navy to better increase it's effectiveness in patrolling our shores?"
And take away funding for bio degradeable toilet paper... never
"I can confidently say perhaps."
End of transcript:

I really don't think Jack has any clue about what he's talking about and is just trying to cash in on the situation by trying to look like he knows his stuff and that he has the perfect answers... to sum it up he is failing miserably.

The military is already focused on protecting our coastline...hence the Navy's domestic operations and patrols, and the MCDVs being out there.  Not to mention, the air patrols - both government and private industry - and the radar coverage as well. 

What does he suggest we do?  Recall all 2500 troops from Afghanistan, and 'refocus' them on the coast??  Let them sit there with a C7 and a pair of binoculars, and defend us from anything that looks suspicious?  Or, maybe we could equip them with jet-skis, and we could really secure the brown water? 

Could somebody shut this guy up, PLEASE??

**  Sorry, just saw this was the 3rd page of the debate - nothing I said hasn't already been said.  Sorry. **

Back