• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mobile Support Equipment Operator (MSE Op) [Merged]

Sorry to highjack your thread aswell but is there anywhere we can look at this? Im part of the Log Branch I would love to find out what came about from MOSART for us too.

Thanks in advance!  :)

Hey Tar,

There's a MOSART Site on the DIN somewhere.  When I'm in to work later this week I'll see what I can track down and give you a pointer.

MOSART is still in the process of being studied before being adopted...it's coming, but not here yet.

NS

Hello all. I couldn't find this in another other topic so I decided to ask here. I am a vehicle tech (reg) currently doing my QL3s here in Borden. I am very close to being finished and I've (unfortunately) finally realized this isn't for me. It took me this long to realize working on vehicles is more of a hobby of mine and not something I want to do day in day out every single day. The most fun I had during my training was the driving portion. I would really like to become an MSE Op. I want to stay in for life and I know I will not do it in EME. My moral is low and I want to do everything in my power to become an MSE Op. Any suggestions? I think I'm going to pass in my memo up the COC tomorrow and see where it gets me. I'm in Borden now, I don't think the career manager would be too happy when I get posted to Edmonton I immediately hand in my OT to come back to Borden and get QL3 trained. I can't stop thinking of this, any suggestions?

OMG.... WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE... PLEASE PLEASE COME IN.....

Need to print this post off now...    :evil:

Yes, welcome to the dark side.  We break 'em, your (soon to be ex) type fixes 'em. 
However, you must complete your QL5 before you can Occupational Transfer(OT) Ask to see the Base Personal Support Officer (BPSO) I'm sure they will lead you in the right direction. 
driving.gif

DON'T even think about it. I spent 15 years as an MSE OP before remustering to 441MAT TECH for my last 5 years.I regret not making the move a lot sooner.Working with your hands is a lot more gratifying than staring at the same blacktop day after day.

ok well i was army reserve for 5 years and i been waiting for around 1 year to get regs....well i got my phone call yesterday!!!!! ;D they want me there for the 26 march at the latest. right now i live in halifax and im getting posted to kingston ONT..there givin be PTE(B) but ill take the cut. right now im a PLQ(Mod 2-5), QL5 qualifide MSE Op.....so who out here is in kingston, or been there whats it like never been there, and dont know anyone there???i want to get an apartment close to base within a fue months cuz my girl friend(were engaged)will be moving up with meand we cant get a pmq cuz were not coman law...so does anyone know if theres any apartments around base?

so im getting posted to kingston Ont and i dont know anyone, and have never been here before...soanyone on here ever been there or live there now?...ill be moving there around the 26 march :salute:

I was there for 6 months on my QL3 course. Nice city, lots of places to party at haha.  Anything specifically you wanna know about it Kingston?

never lived there...

but been there a few times, and it is a nice place....a place i sure would choose to stay :) good luck with your posting.

armyboytncoy said:
so I'm getting posted to kingston Ont and i don't know anyone, and have never been here before...so anyone on here ever been there or live there now?...ill be moving there around the 26 march :salute:

Spent eight years there. Great community, pretty well has everything one would want.  What trade are you, how long will you be in Kingston?

Got a car?  There are rental apartments in the old Kingston Township, which is on the west side of town.

Not alot of apartments close to the base. (There is one close to the base hospital) There are lots of townhouses on highway 15. I would recommend barracks for a couple of weeks until you find something you like.

Kingston is a small town with lots of university types, hence it gets a little sleeply during the summer. If you like sailing, it's a good place to be. They have one of the best gyms in the CF.

One thing I like about Kingston is that it is close to lots of places. (Toronto, Montreal & Ottawa)

You got to address that now or never... If you finish at the school and come to Edmonton you will not leave under any circumstance untill you are 5's qualified or finished your contract. Edmonton is undermanned big time so hit will be hard even if you were 5's qual. I suggest you stick it out and get the trade cause you definitely don't want to be a trucker. Otherwise, engineer your own failure off course and you will be a shoe in for a lesser course. My opinion... due to shortages, they would probably let you fail until you passed out of frustration. The trade (129) is one of the best... Edmonton..? Lamest place in Canada. Good luck.

yeah i didn't plain on moving right out my Gf will be moving up therelive 4-5 months after i get there so i just want to get one just as shes getting there....and "the best gym in the CF" that's what i want to here ;D i used to go to the gym for 2-3 hours  a day i love it

so I'm going as a MSE Op and my first posting is for 4 years

there givin be PTE(B) but ill take the cut. right now im a PLQ(Mod 2-5), QL5 qualifide MSE Op..
Cut?.... you're going from being paid 85% of scale to 100% of scale & you call that a cut?... don't think so.  By the sound of things, they have given you a pass on your BQ, SQ & DP1 TQs...  I think you are well ahead of the game... IMHO

armyboytncoy,

Here is a link to a Kingston Rental website.  http://www.kingstonrentals.com/

The one showing in Kingston East is not in that area. I would suggest when using this site to check downtown if you want to be closer to the base.

Here is a link to one of the rental companies http://www.brockking.com/our_prop_quicksearch.asp?strRlttype=&intFilterLevelID=2&strCountryCode=CA&strProvinceCode=ON&strCity=

Of the listed properties here that they manage, the two at 700 and 710 Bath are the closest to the the base and are fairly nice looking from the outside anyway.

And yet one more. http://www.homestead.on.ca/kingston/kingston.htm

Areas 2 and 3 are the closest to the base.

If you have any questions on the locations, feel free to PM me and I'll let you know what the area is like.

*Modified to add new links

Back