• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

More $$ for RMC students...?

haha if they give me "a few thousand grand" i could really care less how ticked off at me you are, wheather i served a day, a year, or a thousand grand years.  I'd just buy some ear plugs so i didn't have to hear you complaining.

Some people get lucky man, live with it.  Your day will come i'm sure and then it'll be someone elses turn to be pissed off about what you're getting.

R.

I would hope that the CoC here would realize the basket of potential issues that are right around the corner with so many people getting large sums of money. Maybe PMT on Wednesday's could be given over to some financial planning from a SISIP Rep for those that it applies. Actually, for a group of people that get such a large pay raise upon grad and commissioning, you would think that some kind of money management would be mandatory. Might have to mention that to somebody important.. ^-^..wait, maybe someone that cares... ::)...., well, maybe I'll just pass it up the chain.  :-\

Yeah, a money managment class would be awesome, showing how to invest all this new money.

How much does an Ocdt. at RMC make?  And how much does an ROTP Ocdt at Civie U make?

R.

An Ro is an RO, no matter where they "go to school" (actually, the school is your place of duty, therefore you are at work, not just going to school).

Oh, and FredG, just to add to what you said about equal work for equal pay wrt former Reservist ROTP and straight ROTP, I do the same job as you, but I mainintain the pay level I had before I accepted UTPNCM. But of course, you say, that makes sense. I have been in for x amount of years, I should keep the pay. That's what is exactly happening with the Reservists. This is not just free money, it is backpay for the time served and the difference in pay that someone would get If they had maintained that rank in the first place.

I'm not saying I agree with it. Mainly becuase it doesn't matter whether we agree with it. Our personal opinions on this (and any other policy statement) are just that, ours.

Aren't any of you ROTP types curious why there are 10 pay incentives and 4 different pay categoties for OCdt? This part of the reason why.

So they will make the first IPC od Ocdt their first year, 2nd IPC the second, and so on?

And if i get into ROTP, will i then be making my pte pay as a class B reservist because it would be higher?

Wookilar said:
An Ro is an RO, no matter where they "go to school" (actually, the school is your place of duty, therefore you are at work, not just going to school).

Oh, and FredG, just to add to what you said about equal work for equal pay wrt former Reservist ROTP and straight ROTP, I do the same job as you, but I mainintain the pay level I had before I accepted UTPNCM. But of course, you say, that makes sense. I have been in for x amount of years, I should keep the pay. That's what is exactly happening with the Reservists. This is not just free money, it is backpay for the time served and the difference in pay that someone would get If they had maintained that rank in the first place.

There's a huge difference between a reservist who showed up on some weekends, maybe did some summer stuff, and a bunch of you UT guys who went on tours and actually served day-in and day-out for years. (Or at least actually did something beyond show up every few weeks for a weekend at the Armory) I respect you UTs because most of (if not all of) you have actual experience--many of the Res guys getting all that money and three times my pay don't have that experience, if any experience at all. Sure, some guys have a lot of experience and some have even gone on actual tours, but shouldn't there be some sort of mechanism where if you've been in for a few days, you don't get all those nice benefits and high pay? The way it works right now, if someone had signed the dotted line for the Res but never showed up, they'd still be getting the triple-pay and huge backpay, just because they'd held the rank of Pte.

It's still free money, but like you said, it doesn't matter what I think. That and I'm a dumb first year anyways, I don't have a right to an opinion or conscious thoughts.

I'm not saying I agree with it. Mainly becuase it doesn't matter whether we agree with it. Our personal opinions on this (and any other policy statement) are just that, ours.

Aren't any of you ROTP types curious why there are 10 pay incentives and 4 different pay categoties for OCdt? This part of the reason why.

I'm not curious about the 4 pay caterogies for OCdt's... I didn't hear about the 10 pay incentives though. Care to elaborate? Like I said, I'm a dumb first year, I don't know anything.

There are three incentives for ROTP OCdts plus a basic level.

http://www.recruiting.forces.ca/media/pdf/other/RegularForcePay.pdf

DA

With a little TI, you know where to look for information on what you're entitled to.  I know there are several different pay scales for the same rank and it is available on line if you know where to look.  Wookliar is right, there are 10 incentives for Ocdt on 4 different pay scales.  Incentive 1 - 10 on pay scale D is the one he is talking about. 

Ubique.

Kin, thanx for that. I was looking at OCdt (D) pay scales. 10 incentives for us. Tunnel vision when it comes to pay  ::). Doesn't really make any sense why they have an OCdt pay scale for us in the first place, we just maintain our old pay. *stop hijacking thread*

Fred, the point is, the calculations are based on time in. That's it. For whatever reason these individuals joined the Res and then was accepted into the ROTP program. The two programs are completely seperate from each other and I do not know if the left hand at the unit would be talking to the right hand at CFRG. I can see people applying for both to cover all their bases, just incase one or the other does not work out. Since this is such a new thing, I do not see the possibility that people intentionally scammed the CF by doing so.

Go along with your buds, get them to buy you a round at the mess to celebrate their good fortune and carry on. Just tell them, in a polite way as possible, to not brag about it. It will cause problems, but so will your complaining about a policy they had absolutely no input in.

Wookilar said:

I'm

I'm maybe grossly mistaken, but I thought all UTPNCM's transfered from a Reg F NCM position?  If that is the case, I would assume it's simply a component transfer or something very siimilar that took place, which would explain why you keep your former pay. Also the tiny fact that UTP's have lives, families, bills, etc.

There are already many RMC-specific provisions in the CF, ranging from RMC OCdt's not being entitled to IECS kit, to the uniforms we wear, and leave we can ask for. It baffles me why there wouldn't be a provision for this. There's no shortage of brass complaining of the need for more money, yet there seems to be an unlimited bank of retroactive money waiting to be thrown at 18-22 yr olds, many of whom have small, if any debts, let alone families, etc to pay for.
In addition, in talking to one of my fourth yr buds (who BTW is entiled to a $93,000 pay off, How's that for tax dollars at work!) he said he had asked about this very same procedure in past, and was told it wasn;t allowed. This yr, perhaps someone filed a grievance, or challeged the pay offices' decision, or whatever, but the office has obviosuly agreed. Therefore, theroretically, wouldn't anyone that was in Res F, came to RMC and graduated, since the time these "pay equilibrium" regulations were published, be entitled to a crap load of money too?

Scan the check and post it here, then I'll believe it.

And if there's no cheque per say, scan the pay stub/official documentation with the dollar ammount.

Even better would be for someone who made tens of thousands of dollars to actually deposit the balance into my bank account.  I will then know this is for real.  Please PM me for account details.

I think double0three has the right idea.  Feel free to PM me for my account info to deposit as well.  ;D

RMC Officer-Cadets should not be paid more money. All they do is schoolwork and the occasional summer courses. SLT is easy guys! It dosen't take too much effort to study.

For you maybe.  Everyone has their own perception of what's difficult.  Just because you think it's easy dosen't mean everyone else will.

R.

Any Officer-Cadet doing university-level studies will find SLT a walk in the park compared to engineering.

Rad said:
Yeah, a money managment class would be awesome, showing how to invest all this new money.

How much does an Ocdt. at RMC make?  And how much does an ROTP Ocdt at Civie U make?

R.

They make the same. ROTP is ROTP, doesnt matter where you are.

The Fighting 47th said:
They make the same. ROTP is ROTP, doesnt matter where you are.

The pay for all ROTP students is the same. However, PLD rates across the country are different and can often double the OCdt's monthly income (i.e. Toronto PLD is $1586.00 per month).

Post Living differential.  If you live out of shacks, depending on your geographical area of posting, you are entitled to a taxable benefit which varies based on region.  In Victoria, it's an extra $464 a month.  If you live with someone else who's in, you both recieve 75% of your total PLD allotment each.  hope that helps.

T

Back