• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP ammo

rz350

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey, I've just got a little question about the ammo MP's use. When working in Canada, do they carry FMJ genevna convention compliant ammo? Or JHP or something else more "police" like. (I.e. somthing intended to make a large cavity)

How about when doing behind the wire (i.e. law enforment of troops, and not force protection/covy stuff) overseas?

Just curious as to how the treaties and such affect the MP's when in non combat situations.

They are issued standard ammo.

As for what anyone is issued for working outside the wire....that's an OPSEC issue and won't be discussed.

They carry ammo appropriate to their job.

Regards

K, I was just curious, as I know Civ Pol and Armed private security often have JHP's.

thanks for the info.

Not exactly my field, but I am pretty sure reg MPs use JHP while on police duties domesticaly.

If they carried Police ammo back here it would likely be something like hydro-shoks in 147gr, which is what the Fish Cops where using in their 9mm's recently. Sometimes the ammo will change depending on who won the bid to supply ammo.

Military Police do carry JHP - they are not subject to the Hague Convention on that aspect due to the rationale that they are not supposed to be combatants.  However whatever the CF requires outside the wire -- who knows -- this is the same brain power that require Navy Boarding Party pers to switch to ball at a specific Long and Lat.

Infidel-6 said:
Military Police do carry JHP - they are not subject to the Hague Convention on that aspect due to the rationale that they are not supposed to be combatants.  However whatever the CF requires outside the wire -- who knows -- this is the same brain power that require Navy Boarding Party pers to switch to ball at a specific Long and Lat.

Just curious where you get that because I have yet to see that done....

From some guys on the other coast...

I thought it dumb -- but I've gone beyond amazement with CF stupidity...

Nothing surprises me...east coast I have never seen it done does not mean a thing though. Be something to ask our NBPO though.

Careful, its often easiest to beg forgiveness than ask permission  ;)

Back