• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP recruiting 2017/18/19

Got my offer at the beginning of the week for MP . Sent out my enrolment offer today.

Djtc said:
Got my offer at the beginning of the week for MP . Sent out my enrolment offer today.

Congrats Djtc!
When does your basic start?

I just got an employment offer as well, starting basic in August!

For new applicants wondering the wait time Ill share mine,

Applied June 2017
CFAT/TSD August 2017
Medical and Interview September 2017
BII April 2018
Enrollment offer May 2018
Total wait time: 9 Months

This was my experience of course, your wait time will vary from applicant to applicant. I've read that some were waiting over a year for their offer to come through.
Anyone else waiting for their BII/Offers, be patient and good luck!

dammon500 said:
Congrats Djtc!
When does your basic start?

I just got an employment offer as well, starting basic in August!

Mine starts in June. However if successful, I am sure we will see each other on the ql3 course.

Where did you apply from

Djtc said:
Mine starts in June. However if successful, I am sure we will see each other on the ql3 course.

Where did you apply from

For sure bud, do you have any info on the dates for upcoming QL3?

Im applying from the toronto recruitment. You?

There are 2 MP QL3 courses a year, one starting in January and ending Mid May and the second starting in August and ending in mid December. If you miss one of those and have to wait, you will be put on OJE at a detachment nearest the location you applied from. Good luck.

Hey guys, just curious if anyone knows when they'll start calling people for MPAC/BII for non commissioned mp applicants?

Applicant1990 said:
Hey guys, just curious if anyone knows when they'll start calling people for MPAC/BII for non commissioned mp applicants?
The next round will likely be centered on the 20-29 Oct 18 timeframe.  Not saying some may not happen before that, but that is quite likely when the majority are going to be done next.

Thanks for the info garb811, looks like I'll likely be waiting a while until further processing. Just more time to prepare i suppose. BTW congrats kanobii on the job offer and good luck with bmq and the mp academy.

Some Great News!

Got confirmation today that I am on the QL3 Course from 7 August - 12 December 2018.

It was recommended that I submit a PLAR for BMQ-L, hopefully they actually award it to me.  My PLQ Qual should help me towards that, but we shall see.

Uhhh...the dates are in the post right before yours.

garb811 said:
Uhhh...the dates are in the post right before yours.

There was a some sort of issue, i didn’t have access too half of those messages when I posted. Thanks for pointing that out.

Correction: I was navigating the site poorly. ( first time user). Tonnes  of great info on here lol

Has anyone other than WEng87 received a loading message for the August course yet?

I haven't seen anything official yet, so I'm guessing it's still coming down the pipes.

I was only informed by the BTL manager, because I had a PSO friend go snooping around with her contacts.

still waiting on official loading message, I was told they'd be out last week... but nothing.

Doesn’t look like I will be on the August course. Just got my message for BMQ-L which is from August until September. Guess I’m waiting until January...

WEng87 said:
Some Great News!

Got confirmation today that I am on the QL3 Course from 7 August - 12 December 2018.

I guess the confirmation from the BTL manager was not really a confirmation...  Looks like I am in the same boat as Danteh.  BMQ-L in August and then wait for the QL3 in January.

little disheartening for sure...  but such is life I guess.

WEng87 said:
I guess the confirmation from the BTL manager was not really a confirmation...  Looks like I am in the same boat as Danteh.  BMQ-L in August and then wait for the QL3 in January.

little disheartening for sure...  but such is life I guess.

Well at least were on A course together... Let me know if you find joining instructions or a kit list. My email was "Your going to Valcartier for BMQ-L August 20th. Bring what you need". Seriously.

I'm still trying to see if I even need to do the course as I ended up getting to the last week of my Infantry DP1 before getting injured and OT'd. Unfortunately at the time (and I don't even know if they do it now) they didn't differentiate the SQ and BIQ portion of the courses so even tho I got past the SQ portion of the course it doesn't show on my MPRR just that I completed 3 months of DP1 before getting medically re-coursed. Even worse is nobody in my CoC knows how to deal with this. I got told to talk with the CM who knows nothing, then I got told to talk with the BPSO who also knows nothing and I'm assuming the next course of action is to get in contact with the MP CM which I can tell will take a long time. Personally I don't care about going. I'd just rather not do a course I have already done.

Try PLAR.  Deployment experience/Work up/operations etc.  Danteh it is a reach but if you have either your old course report or old paper copy UER it might have the required information. 

putz said:
Try PLAR.  Deployment experience/Work up/operations etc.  Danteh it is a reach but if you have either your old course report or old paper copy UER it might have the required information.

Yeah I'm gonna try. My unit is notoriously slow when it comes to paperwork so I'm just hoping I have time.

Back