• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MP recruiting 2017/18/19

Garb, do you by any chance have dates for upcoming QL3s?

Im in a platoon with quite a bit of MPs  (15/50 are MPs so we get called the narc platoon lol) that are due to graduate basic soon and there's words floating around that the January QL3 is full and next one is in July next year.

I know I shouldn't listen to rumors but all of us are anxious to know if it's true. Half a year in PAT or OJT will be a huge blow to the face.

Any updates will be appreciated!

Thanks!

While waiting for a reply from garb811, consider the positives of your worst case scenario:

- a reliable, good paying job for those XXX months waiting for your QL3,
- free access to base facilities, that civvies would be willing to pay dearly for (fitness, medical ect…),
- each month waiting is easy pay and that time counts toward pensions, your CD and reaching your extra 5 days annual, that much sooner.
- depending on your PAT staff, there will be loads of time available for you to create opportunities (DLN courses, short courses, PT periods)

Waiting for extended periods of time for a course really is what you make of your opportunities.

dammon500 said:
Garb, do you by any chance have dates for upcoming QL3s?

Im in a platoon with quite a bit of MPs  (15/50 are MPs so we get called the narc platoon lol) that are due to graduate basic soon and there's words floating around that the January QL3 is full and next one is in July next year.

I know I shouldn't listen to rumors but all of us are anxious to know if it's true. Half a year in PAT or OJT will be a huge blow to the face.

Any updates will be appreciated!

Thanks!

QL3 courses start in January and August.

August 2018 course had 15+/- students cut and held over to the January course due to an Instructor shortage. The January course is likely to be at capacity, so you will be waiting until August.

I agree with Kratz.

Don’t go into this already hating your lives... OJE isn’t all that bad, if your tossed on a good shift it’ll basically mean going home early a lot of the time and tons of gym time on shift. You will be placed on OJE nearest the place you came from so most of you will be working a sweet, decent paying job at or quite close to home. I don’t see to many downsides there.

Dammon:  In addition to what the others have already said, I'd throw out a simple question.  How would anyone on your Basic know whether or not the January QL3 is full?  At this point, I'm pretty sure even the loading authority doesn't have the 100% answer to that one, too much is going to change between now and Christmas.  People get sick or hurt, people get pregnant, people fail basic, people quit...there are a million variables at play right now and the best thing you can do is just go day by day and wait for the final word.

What I will say, and this is simply based on experience and what I do know about how things work, if the January QL3 is indeed full in theory, it is quite likely you folks are included in that. What is probably going to happen is you are going to come off basic and then either go right to a BMQ-A or go to OJE and then onto BMQ-A prior to Christmas and then you'll be on the January course.  I'm pretty sure there aren't 90 pers spread across Canada waiting on OJE, although there are quite a few given what happened in August.

If you do get an extended OJE, as has been said, don't treat it as a slap in the face;, treat it as an opportunity.  You are being paid to watch and learn, do PT, do CPKN courses, start some self study by digging into the NDA, DAODs, just generally figuring out how the hell the military works from an overall perspective.  All of that stuff will make you a better MP, particularly as you move up the chain.

Good Day. I passed my initial interview at the recruiting center in April this year. On July 24th I got this email

"Dear Candidate, As a Military Police candidate, the attached Employment History and Police Application forms must be completed, TYPED, and returned to the following email address MPRecruiting@forces.gc.ca for inclusion in your file.Once these documents have been returned to the Military Police Selection Cell, your file will be reviewed. You may be contacted at a later date for an interview and further processing, if you are deemed competitive. Returning these forms implies consent for the Military Police Selection Cell to contact you directly for an interview via the telephone or the email address provided on your documents.  Until these forms have been properly completed and returned, no selection decision can be made on your file. Questions can be submitted through the MPRecruiting@forces.gc.ca"

I obviously filled out all the forms and sent them back. Within two weeks my references on those documents were called and everything seemed to be going smoothly. Not a negative word was said about me (according to my boss at least). Since then, absolute radio silence. I have been to my local recruiting center (ottawa) multiple times to ask about the progress of my file and I have contacted my file manager multiple times only to be told that we were waiting for MPAC confirmation.

Am I correct in assuming that at this point it is too late for me to be accepted for the October MPAC (since it is already October) or is there still hope? Will I also be contacted if Im not deemed competitive or will they just never get back to me in that case?

Thanks for the help!!

I am currently on my QL3, and there are guys here on course with me that found out days before the MPAC that they were on it.  So don't lose all hope!!

Edit for typo

GermanWolf said:
Am I correct in assuming that at this point it is too late for me to be accepted for the October MPAC (since it is already October) or is there still hope? Will I also be contacted if Im not deemed competitive or will they just never get back to me in that case?

Thanks for the help!!

Hi GermanWolf,

I’m also waiting to hear back on MPAC. Hoping I get a call before mid-month to book flights. It’s not going to be easy to suddenly try to get that time off of work though.

My CFRC has told me that the next step would be just to book flights, but I have yet to hear back from booking staff. Good luck.

WestCoastOntarian said:
It’s not going to be easy to suddenly try to get that time off of work though.

Yeah that was also a worry of mine. In the worst case scenario I will just have to call in sick. Let's hope we both get on this October for MPAC! At least your recruiting center has told you to book flights, I have heard nothing from my CFRC and I feel like they are getting slightly annoyed with me checking in every month :p

WatchDog87 said:
I am currently on my QL3, and there are guys here on course with me that found out days before the MPAC that they were on it.  So don't lose all hope!!

I am hoping this is the case as well! Nerve racking process so far but I am trying to make the best of it. Remain in shape, advance at work (recently made it to a supervisor position) and spend time with my girlfriend.

FYI, just got the email inviting me to Borden for MPAC! Hope to see everyone else there and good luck to all of us during the process!  :hollywood:

GermanWolf said:
FYI, just got the email inviting me to Borden for MPAC! Hope to see everyone else there and good luck to all of us during the process!  :hollywood:

Just wondering on what the dates are?

Thanks

WestCoastOntarian said:
Just wondering on what the dates are?

Thanks

In the email I got it said October 27th. I was assuming it was gonna be for 2 days but I guess it is only on the Saturday?

Hey everyone just got my call for BII today slated for the 27th oct. 18 I am  assuming it is going to just be an interview my email said I would only be needed for 2hrs and it is just one interview. I was just reading some of the threads saying the process was going back to the MPAC model ?.  Wondering if everyone else going on the 27th 28th has the same info in there email?

Ricey said:
Hey everyone just got my call for BII today slated for the 27th oct. 18 I am  assuming it is going to just be an interview my email said I would only be needed for 2hrs and it is just one interview. I was just reading some of the threads saying the process was going back to the MPAC model ?.  Wondering if everyone else going on the 27th 28th has the same info in there email?

That's exactly what my email said too. Two hours and you get to go back home right after (gonna enjoy my 5 hour drive home at 5pm  ::) ).  I guess we will just have to see what happens and prepare best we can for a 2h interview.

Wow 5 hr drive bummer... I'm flying in from Halifax then flying back that evening.  Seems like alot for an interview but I'm super excited to be moving forward, can't wait to get this show on the road.. Best of luck to you, I guess I will  potentially be seeing you on the 27th. 😉

Wow, I’m getting super nervous that I might not get an invite in time for the 27th 😕 I’d have to fly in from Victoria. I’d appreciate more than a weeks notice. Fingers crossed🤞🏼

Ricey said:
Wow 5 hr drive bummer... I'm flying in from Halifax then flying back that evening.  Seems like alot for an interview but I'm super excited to be moving forward, can't wait to get this show on the road.. Best of luck to you, I guess I will  potentially be seeing you on the 27th. 😉

I hope so. My interview is in the 3pm slot on the 27th. I am also supposed to be staying the night of the 26th to the 27th at CFB Borden (according to my travel claims package). I guess it is a good thing to be well rested before the interview.

WestCoastOntarian said:
Wow, I’m getting super nervous that I might not get an invite in time for the 27th 😕 I’d have to fly in from Victoria. I’d appreciate more than a weeks notice. Fingers crossed🤞🏼

I wish you the best of luck! If not this time around, I bet the next MPAC is no more than 6 months around the corner. If it is any condolences I started my application process 1.5 years ago and the wait has felt very long.

I am also going to the MPAC on the 27th from Halifax! I'd say it will be a long day.

Who pays for the flight and is there an upper limit on reimbursement?  Last minute flights can be expensive.

ontheedge said:
Who pays for the flight and is there an upper limit on reimbursement?  Last minute flights can be expensive.

The recruiting centre booked mine for me.

Back