• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MSE Op to Traffic Tech.....?

CallOfDuty

Inactive
Reaction score
  Hi guys, I realize traffic tech is a LOG trade but I figured I'd post the question here.  Does anyone know if someone remusters to Tfc tech from trucker, if they would have to do the driver training portion of the 3's?( The less time in Bordeom...oops...Borden the better!)  Could I by-pass that and go right to the nitty gritty?
  Thanks
Steve-o-

I"ve seen folks go from MSE to Traffic.. and they had to do the whole deal over. Enjoy your time at Borden.

hey there.

MSE op to Traffic Tech. I have seen it. In fact there is a former MSE OP who is now flying in the Airbus as an Laodie.

Doing your threes and the driver portion. Sometimes they will write off the drivers portion for your threes. If your a professional driver already you may find yourself there anyways but in what capacity I don't know.  I have seen some guys totally bypass the drivers portion and I have seen others have to go through it. 

After you do your threes. You have up to 18 months to get your 5s. Standard for all re-musters i think. 

Having airline experience. Not going to help you much....sorry. Unless you have a 3k course or something. The job is not all airplanes and duffel bags.

As for getting your leaf. I can say the trade is going pretty good. You should have no problem in getting it after a few years but thats pure speculation.

Thank you very much for your response Mover!  There's gotta be a way to skip the MSE op stuff... :p

IIRC, Standards in CFSAL will have to do the PLAR for you. I know a few names in that cell. Just bring it up to your boss once your feet are on the ground the Traffic Tech trade.

Best of luck to you,
Even if your leaving the MSE trade, the Traffic trade looks pretty sweet too.

Regards,
TN2IC

Thanks Tom......I know you'll miss me when you come back home, LOL
Steve

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that there was one MSE Op who re-mustered a few years back and he still had to do the Drivers Portion of the Threes AS AN INSTRUCTOR!

Good luck in getting  your re-muster.

mover1 said:
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that there was one MSE Op who re-mustered a few years back and he still had to do the Drivers Portion of the Threes AS AN INSTRUCTOR!
LOL.....D'oh!!!!!  Thanks

What vehicles do they cover on the traffic tech 3's course?

Back