• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

My Experinces

N

NateC

Heres my story;

On March 21st I filled out all of my applications, and handed them in (that was 7 days after my 16th birthday). On the 29th of April I recieved a letter stating that I had my Medical/Aptituted Test/Interview on the 5th Of May. Since I am in Grade Ten I had to skip a day of school, no probs there :p. First thing at 0800 hours I had my aptitude test, no sweat there, went a lot easier then I was expecting although there were a few questions that I was a little hazy on, passed it. Next; I had to wait around for 2-3 hours, time really flyed, then I had my Interview, that went fine.

After lunch I came back, did my Med. The bad thing is that I had drank 3 caffeinated drinks (Coffee, Tea, and pop) and my blood pressure + pulse were through the roof, somewhere around 140/89 and my pulse was at 129. I took my hearing and eye sight tests, I did fine there, I have perfect hearing and 20/20 vision. Then I sat around for another hour before the second part of my test started, and they took my blood pressure and pulse again there, it was still kind-of high for me at around 130/70, but that's fine. I had no medical problems, and passed the medical.

On the 12th of May I had my Fitness test. I was expecting something a lot harder. I passed it, found it very easy... I am in alright shape, but am big at 100 kg's and 175 cm tall, but I do not look it... it's all in the arms ;)

Now I am just waiting for some indication that I got into the reserve unit I wanted to join.

And that's my story..

You're a big guy for grade 10. I'm 75-76 KGs and am in grade 11.

I am the big guy in my grade, I do not look fat, and I am fairly fit. I used to weigh a lot less before I started being a weight lifter.

I'm 6,2 and a half and 200 lbs in grade 9... Good luck with your application

yoman said:
I'm 6,2 and a half and 200 lbs in grade 9... Good luck with your application

Wow, you guys are monsters.

geez, looks like i'm the smallest one applying... haha 5'8 155lbs ^_^

scottyeH? said:
Wow, you guys are monsters.

geez, looks like i'm the smallest one applying... haha 5'8 155lbs ^_^

5'10, 131lbs.......
Haha, I win (err..... at losing.....)!
(The PO that did my medical reccomended I try to put on a few pounds before the summer).

NateC said:
Heres my story;

On March 21st I filled out all of my applications, and handed them in (that was 7 days after my 16th birthday). On the 29th of April I recieved a letter stating that I had my Medical/Aptituted Test/Interview on the 5th Of May. Since I am in Grade Ten I had to skip a day of school, no probs there :p. First thing at 0800 hours I had my aptitude test, no sweat there, went a lot easier then I was expecting although there were a few questions that I was a little hazy on, passed it. Next; I had to wait around for 2-3 hours, time really flyed, then I had my Interview, that went fine.

After lunch I came back, did my Med. The bad thing is that I had drank 3 caffeinated drinks (Coffee, Tea, and pop) and my blood pressure + pulse were through the roof, somewhere around 140/89 and my pulse was at 129. I took my hearing and eye sight tests, I did fine there, I have perfect hearing and 20/20 vision. Then I sat around for another hour before the second part of my test started, and they took my blood pressure and pulse again there, it was still kind-of high for me at around 130/70, but that's fine. I had no medical problems, and passed the medical.

On the 12th of May I had my Fitness test. I was expecting something a lot harder. I passed it, found it very easy... I am in alright shape, but am big at 100 kg's and 175 cm tall, but I do not look it... it's all in the arms ;)

Now I am just waiting for some indication that I got into the reserve unit I wanted to join.

And that's my story..

Man, it's been MY experience that you need to call your local recruiter/whoever has been dealing with you (eg>your file). Ask them the status of your application and if it's been "merit listed" or not yet... Sometime's they tell you, sometimes they don't...

Joe
PS> Goodluck

I won't even being to explain my weight situation.  Needless to say, the last medical I did, the Petty Officer took one look at me and told me if I got in, they would have a great time with me.  He said they tend to give the small guys the biggest guns.

However, upon seeing the other people when I got sworn in, most of the new recruits (and some of the guys with time in) are no bigger than me, and I'm not very big at all.

Being 5'8'' and a HALF... weighting 130 lbs (since like 10-12 years) and given that I apply for Inf. officer, I beat you all. I was kinda unsecure, knowing there's private that will be litterally the double of my size... I once asked to a recruiter, what about that? He tought better and said this is more a matter of leadership than of size or whatever. I visited a reserver armory last November, I saw the size of the sergent major, I think I'm an inch taller and no bigger than me. It says it all... ;D

Good luck all!!

small guys big guns eh, how much do those suckers weight?

haha  ::) for a guy whos 5' 6" and 170 lbs, this shall be fairly interesting hehe, im sched. for my fit test this thursday, last time i did it was 3 years ago, 230 lbs then failed fit test ( we wont say what section  ;), yet managed to pass the step test haha) anywho, good stuff on your application

I'm 6'1 190 lbs, and I hope there's no $hittin around with my app  :threat:

During my medical the medic said I was muscular and wrote that down on my medical sheet. I've only been in a few fights, never started them, but I always finished them. I hope at basic training they give me the biggest gun  ::)

NateC said:
During my medical the medic said I was muscular and wrote that down on my medical sheet. I've only been in a few fights, never started them, but I always finished them. I hope at basic training they give me the biggest gun   ::)

You can carry a howitzer?

I guess the medic will write down TITANIC for me (5'10" 280lbs) and I'll be launching cf-18's by hand. Thanks  8)

Another " gong show- i'm gonna be super soldier- how did they ever get along without me" thread....... ?

Kincanucks, you must be totaly bald by now  ;D

Back