• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name Tapes

I just wanted to confirm whether our specs for CF nametapes (http://www.cpgear.com/StoreBox/nametapes_and_embroidery/1028.htm) are still up to date:

Army pers wearing CADPAT TW combats:  OD/Canadian Average Green embroidery, with Army Cross Swords before the name, all on a CADPAT TW material backing.

Air Force pers wearing CADPAT TW COMBATS:  Air Force Blue embroidery, with Air Force eagle after the name, all on an OD/Canadian Average Green material backing.

Naval pers wearing CADPAT TW Combats:  Black embroidery, with Naval anchor before the name, all on an OD/Canadian Average Green material backing.

All pers wearing CADPAT AR Combats:  Tan embroidery with emblem placed before name for Army and Naval pers, and after name for Air Force pers, all on CADPAT AR material backing.

Naval Combat Dress:  ? What are current specs?

Hey Matt,
Things are OK for CADPAT TW for all 3 branches (Army, Air & Navy)

Not sure what current usage for AR - though it sounds correct.

NCD nametape:  Gold (yellow) name on black background.  Tape itself is half the length of the CADPAT nametape with rounded corners.

Dimsum said:
NCD nametape:  Gold (yellow) name on black background.  Tape itself is half the length of the CADPAT nametape with rounded corners.

Well... length is name dependent so the longer the name the longer the tape, the shorter the name... i.e. mine Matt is 1/2 CADPAT tape.

Matt_Fisher said:
Naval pers wearing CADPAT TW Combats:  Black embroidery, with Naval anchor before the name, all on an OD/Canadian Average Green material backing.

Naval pers in CADPAT(TW) (and I would assume Arid as well) wear the anchor after the name, like the AF ones.  At least, that's how mine are.

MedTech said:
Well... length is name dependent so the longer the name the longer the tape, the shorter the name... i.e. mine Matt is 1/2 CADPAT tape.

Actually the new stuff is one size.

Well... That is if you're using the issued ones ;)

My CADPAT tapes all have anchor up front. By regulation it should only be CAG tapes with black thread worn though. CADPAT ones were removed :(

MedTech said:
Well... That is if you're using the issued ones ;)

My CADPAT tapes all have anchor up front. By regulation it should only be CAG tapes with black thread worn though. CADPAT ones were removed :(

By regulation, Cadpat ones are still authorized for wear until deliveries of the new CAG Naval style can be delivered by the contractor into the system ... and - they're not supposed to be 'mixed' styles when considered with the slip-on. In short, you shouldn't be wearing the CAG nametape unless you also have the CAG slip-ons (another item that this location has demanded yet not received as of this date). Our pers who have both (& thus can wear the CAG) - got them when posted to HQ posns (not on this base) or on either coast. The slip-ons are now slowly trickling out to Army CSGs for stock/issue. ;)

We still have some pers waiting for those deliveries here.

Just wondering as I am hearing some conflicting information about the NCD Nametapes.

Well I'm used to seeing them length dependant upon name, i.e if your name is 4 letter long, well its a short nametape, vs 12 letters long, but lately I have been hearing that we have moved the way to the Standard size (a la Army/Air combats nametape) with the size of lettering being adjusted to fit.

Also are the edges still rounded?

Just checking because I decided to get extra ones from CPGEAR...and they came squared.

My name is 15 characters and on the CPGear nametape order page, the maximum number I can get embroidered is 13. Has anyone had experience with what to do in this situation?

I was sworn in 6 weeks ago to a Reserve regiment and was just issued my kit this week. I have heard from other recruits in my regiment that it took up to 18 months to receive their nametapes. I don't want to be Pte Velcro for any longer than necessary, so I ordered some nametapes from CPGear.

nvs said:
My name is 15 characters and on the CPGear nametape order page, the maximum number I can get embroidered is 13. Has anyone had experience with what to do in this situation?

I was sworn in 6 weeks ago to a Reserve regiment and was just issued my kit this week. I have heard from other recruits in my regiment that it took up to 18 months to receive their nametapes. I don't want to be Pte Velcro for any longer than necessary, so I ordered some nametapes from CPGear.

You may find it worthwhile calling CP Gear.  They do a fair amount of custom work and may be able to fit your whole name on a nametape.

But the safest (and cheapest) course of action might be to let your unit's supply system issue you with the correct nametapes.  You could ask your chain of command (or perhaps at the QM) how long it is likely to take.

In any event, I'd definitely suggest asking before you start wearing nametapes that you bought yourself.

nvs said:

You also might not want to be keener private wearing COTS nametags on BMQ either. Don't worry about being Pte Velcro, there will be strength in numbers.

I knew a guy in Gagetown who had 28 letters in his last name, and they did a custom one for him. Definitely a unique looking tag. His DEU name tag has a hilariously small font.

I am just curious if anyone has heard of this or maybe seen this.

I have started to see a lot of Navy CIC officers with nametape that are the full length much like the Cadpat type, black with the goldenrod embroidered name, but now they have an embroidered anchor.

CPGear offers Naval Combat nametape with and without the anchor, so the question is what is it?

http://www.cpgear.com/StoreBox/embr/1097_0.htm

So is the anchor a new thing because I cant find a thing regarding this.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

IIRC, any Navy pers that have been authorized to wear CADPAT, will wear the olive drab slip-on with black embroidery, and likewise the olive drab nametape with black embroidery (name and anchor). The only time a black and gold nametape is worn, is in NCD's.

NOW! I don't know if the new NCD's use a longer nametape or not, so I'm just assuming it's the same old shorter tape.

New NCD nametapes from clothing stores are coming out with elemental symbols on them.  I've seen them around  - mostly on new OS, as well as on the CFCWO.  A new initiative to differentiate one's element in NCD, though I haven't seen a bird or swords yet.

Also a word to the wise in these new nametapes.  We found that they don't like a hot iron passed over them and will start to melt onto the surface of the iron.  We have been instructed to change out our nametapes to the new ones.  And yes, they are longer than the old ones.  Gold and Black's for the NCD that is.  I guess having the gold black nametapes, rank insignia and NCD's was not enough of a clue for some that the wearer was a Sailor.

Back