• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

I would guess a mine clearing plow of some description.  Don't know the country of origin but obviously from one that paints it's military vehicles grey.  China?

Dan.

It's an earthmoving plow that can adjust from straight blade to V blade.  Ukrainian I think.

Chinese armoured bulldozer using modified t-62 chasis and fitted with type 74 line charge mine clearing system.  Known as GSL 131... additional pics ...

whiskey601 said:
Suspension looks overloaded ...

PLA "Iron Eagle" Fast Attack Vehicle
Air defense version with a secondary direct fire role; armed with the Type 87 twin 25mm cannon and dual HN-5 surface-to-air missiles. 

Something French with a telescopic turret? I think I read about that somewhere, might not be french.

Well it's been sitting here awhile, so a few more clues.  There were a few variants done for this vehicle but it ultimately did not get accepted by the French army.  The above was armed with a low-pressure 90mm gun.  Other wpns were twin 30mm guns, quad 75mm recoilless rifles and ATGM.

The track set up / road wheels don't seem to fit a AMX-13. That and the AMX 13 was actually in service.

I found this on a french site so I am not so sure if I have it right, but what I could pick out was that its name was the "elc EVEN"

My french isn't too good but from what I read, seems as though it presented many different solutions to anti-tank warfare, urban fighting and so on.

Steel Horse said:
I found this on a french site so I am not so sure if I have it right, but what I could pick out was that its name was the "elc EVEN"

You got it.

The development of the ELC [lit; Engin Leger de Combat] commenced in 1956 and Evens first prototype aka Hotchkiss-Rive Light Fighting Unit appeared in 1959. The concept was that of an air-portable fighting vehicle and the examples produced were very low two-man vehicles falling into the 7-ton class. AMX also produced their own version but dropped out of the contest very early on after producing a single prototype.

Even's final example was the ELC Bis a conventional turret vehicle that was radically redesigned with the sprocket at the front and idler at the rear in contrast to other model where they were reversed.

In all Even produced 10 examples and they were subject to extensive troop trials during 1962 but failed to get a production contract.

I was looking for something different but I found this, so I thought I would post it.

Vehicle.jpg

Doesn't seem to be much action in here so thought I would give a hint,

First off there was only 2 prototypes built, and neither say action in World War One as they were developed a little too late.

Back