• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Name This Photo!!! - The AFV Recognition Thread

Steel Horse said:
The German villain uses a vehicle based on the Mark VIII in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. This was constructed for the film using a tracked excavator. The main external difference was that a turret was added.  Even though you got the name of the movie wrong, I'd give it to you. I am not sure if it is exactly based on the Mark VIII either, but its from that family of tanks.

Damn it, wrote down the wrong title.  I found this clip of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRf4fn2luXg

I'll let the OP decide who gets it though.

chanman said:
The tank from Indiana Jones a ...
That will do.  The floor is for you.
The tank in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was based on the Mk VIII "International" as can be seen by comparison of some of the finer details.  I suspect the turret was added so that it would be more identifiable as a tank to modern movie viewers.

I hope this hasn't been done yet, but the search function seems to be a little wonky.

I'll be out all day, but I'm confident you'll all be able to reach a consensus.

And if it's been done, well, dangit, I guess I'll need to search harder next time.

We've seen another vehicle from that country's military recently.

geo said:
(Psst... forgot to rename the pic before posting :tsktsk:
It was renamed.  You looked at the answer.  Go look at post #162.

Righto, gotta pick something harder next time, so who's next?  Blackadder or MCG?

JGSDF IFV Type 89

I knew it was the Type 89 because I am the one who posted the JGSDF Type 90 tank just a short while ago.  I also forgot to rename it.  :-[ This might sound dumb but who does one attach a file correctly?  ???

It looks like seperate forward & rear tracks.  Is it articulated?

Larry Strong said:
Panther mocked up to look like a M10, for the Ardennes offensive?
I think you've got it.
http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/ttt07/panther-tank-disguise-m10.html

That's what I was thinking too.
From the placement of the exhaust and the hatch on the back of the turrent, along with the shape and look of the tracks...those tracks certainly are german.

OK here's one, gonna go walk the dog. I imagine you should have it figured out by then. :D

Back