• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Navy pers wearing black t-shirts in CADPAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
eerickso said:
Here is a solution that solves these types of uniform problems:

If you are in a purple trade, you should wear the uniform of the unit. It is funny to see army types who have 10 years sea time still thinking that they have some connection to the army. If you are so attached to your uniform, stay in army units or vice versa. If the career manager says you have to go, have a long bath after your posting is over!

The CF bands have figured this out, how come the rest of the military can't?

I would imagine that a lot of it has to do with what we identify with.  Lots of people want to "join the army" or "join the navy", but who gets all starry-eyed at "joining the Canadian Forces"?

I totally agree, it's just a case of choosing the lesser evil. Is it better to give the navy guy an army uniform for a couple of years or have him demand his black t shirt while singing heart of oak everyday at work?While this might be good for his individual ego, how is unit cohesion maintained? If the unit does any army stuff, they are simple going to look at his beret and try to find someone else. I am guilty of this sometimes.

However, if in fact his heart is make of oak, he will return to the navy within a few years anyways.

We have army fellas that work at NRS (AGA) and they wear CADPAT. No big deal right?  How would they feel if they were told they had to wear NCD's while working on a Navy base? Or that they have to wear the black T-shirt, just so they can look like everyone else, or so they don't stand out. 

Most Navy fellas working on ARMY bases are purple trades anyway, let them wear the black t-shirt.  You don't make them wear a green beret, so why have the hard on for the black t-shirt. 

Seems like a big waste of time for a simple t-shirt!

Hot Lips said:
Didn't the Armoured core wear the black t-shirts not that long ago?

HL

Yep, we did at my unit which was Armoured Corps (in the days before CADPAT).  Regimental or Armoured Corps t's were approved for wear in garrison or the field until...the CoC "unapproved" them.

;D

284_226 said:
You may want to read it again.  In the message, the CMS is communicating approval and authorization in different paragraphs.  Which is he? An approval authority, or the grantor of authorization?  He does both actions in the CANFORGEN.
No, I really don't need to. He CAN do both, but he has left the approval for it's wear at the discretion of the COs for other operational Units. It's really quite simple. And it's his choice to do so.

284_226 said:
I'll take that to mean you didn't do it.  Geez, make me do all the work..
You didn't tell me to research anything. You told someone else to; and, considering his background...your suggestion is absolutely hilarious. That's all. Just way too funny a suggestion considering who you were suggesting it to.

Maybe for those personnel serving in joint positions they should wear a purple T shirt.

The Librarian said:
No, I really don't need to. He CAN do both, but he has left the approval for it's wear at the discretion of the COs for other operational Units. It's really quite simple. And it's his choice to do so.

Bottom line - the CANFORGEN is unclear.  It may be clear to you, but it needs to be clear to everyone.

You didn't tell me to research anything. You told someone else to; and, considering his background...your suggestion is absolutely hilarious. That's all. Just way too funny a suggestion considering who you were suggesting it to.

Oh, I'm sorry.  I had forgotten that I was supposed to immediately defer to any Infantry Captains who disagree with me, as only they can have a command of the English language.  ::)

If my suggestion was so hilarious, why did you snip the part where I posted proof that one of the leading dictionaries lists "authorize" as a synonym of "approve"?

284_226 said:
Oh, I'm sorry.  I had forgotten that I was supposed to immediately defer to any Infantry Captains who disagree with me, as only they can have a command of the English language.  ::)

Well I'm glad that point has finally been made clear.

Now, would someone on the staff who hasn't been involved please lock this thread up before it completely augers in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back