• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Navymich's story

HitorMiss said:
I don't know about you but I call them Sir.....  ;D

we call them "cheif" i suspect its because of our RCN roots.....

The intresting differences just pile up LOL

So you guys call them Chiefs then CdnA? your whole fleet in Maritime Patrol or as in the the whole AF?

HitorMiss said:
The intresting differences just pile up LOL

So you guys call them Chiefs then CdnA? your whole fleet in Maritime Patrol or as in the the whole AF?

i know we refer to them as "chief" in Maritime patrol and in maritime helos.....dont know about the rest of the AF. everyone WO and below  & captain and below is first names ( unless the CWO or CO is around when talking to the officers....except on the plane)

A bit of a surreal morning for me, knowing that in about an hour I will be signing my release papers.  15 1/2 years in the Naval Reserves and today is the end.  Second thoughts?  Heck, third and fourth too, and that's just within the last hour....LOL.  Definitely a very weird feeling, to go from the known and comfortable, to the unknown.  It is a big step for me, for anyone really.  But those that are closest to me also know how very much this is such a change for me.  I know it's for the best, and I will go forward with it all of course, but wow, what a feeling.  Just can't put it into words (yes, I'm a bit speechless right now....enjoy it while it lasts.  :D)

navymich said:
Just can't put it into words (yes, I'm a bit speechless right now....enjoy it while it lasts.  :D)
:rofl:

We will.

Enjoy your last day in the Senior Service, PO, and be prepared (as best as you can) with the junior service, Cpl! ;)

"Sign here, here and here.  Your certificate will be in the mail."

And now for a short 23 hours, I am a civy.  I did enjoy seeing the total of my gratuity though!  Now to see how long it takes to be audited and actually come through.

civymich said:
"Sign here, here and here.  Your certificate will be in the mail."

And now for a short 23 hours, I am a civy.  I did enjoy seeing the total of my gratuity though!  Now to see how long it takes to be audited and actually come through.

Hey....who's the new civvie  ???  ???

;)
potato

So....civie chick. I suppose you're just laying around, bitchin' about your welfare cheque, smokin' dope, writing anti-war ballads.....

You're all the same

;D

Journeyman said:
So....civie chick. I suppose you're just laying around, bitchin' about your welfare cheque, smokin' dope, writing anti-war ballads.....

You're all the same

;D

JM! ...  >:D

I wish I was JM.  But I sit behind the same desk I was at yesterday, and the same desk I'll be behind tomorrow.  Wondering how to answer the phone now when it rings.....lol.

civymich said:
I wish I was JM.  But I sit behind the same desk I was at yesterday, and the same desk I'll be behind tomorrow.  Wondering how to answer the phone now when it rings.....lol.
Just answer "Yeah?  Whaddya want?"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

What are they going to do?  Demote you to Cpl AND Airforce?  ;D

What are you still doing around here Scarlet?  You're not actually still at work on the day before leave starts for you??  And if you are, don't you have some grunts to harass instead of us poor civies.  ::)

civymich said:
What are you still doing around here Scarlet?  You're not actually still at work on the day before leave starts for you??  And if you are, don't you have some grunts to harass instead of us poor civies.  ::)
less than nine minutes till leave begins.  Of course, at leave minus two hours I get a call "Can you do a briefing note on...."  It was done at leave minus 90 minutes.  From the feedback I got, it was alright.  That and two PDRs.  Now i'm mastering my solitaire and minesweeper duties :D

What are they going to do?  Demote you to Cpl AND Airforce? 

Both of which could be lived with, but the prospect of three months in Cornwall, yeeessshhhh

civymich said:
A Sgt?  Oh right, that new rank structure I have to learn too!  And I must remember to remove the term "Chief" from my vocabulary!

That reminds me of a funny story a buddy of mine told me from time he spent with the PPCLI in the early 90's.  As the story goes this newly posted in supply tech or medic or something, of the naval persuasion, was asked a question by the RSM (or it might have been a CSM), while on parade, to which he replied "Yes, Chief!"....well.  A long comedic silence followed as the the RSM stared at him and all the troops around him tried in vein not to explode in laughter.  It must have been an eternity to this guy.  Finally the RSM says, "Troop, does this look like the Fire Station to you? There are no Chiefs around here!  It's RSM or Sir!!" 

I do find it curious why we call our MWO's and CWO's chief in the MPA and MH communities of the AF.  I imagine cdn aviator is right in that it probably goes back to RCN roots.  That was a difficult adjustment after 12 yrs in the Cbt Arms.   I am curious as to how MWO's and CWO's are addressed in the rest of the AF. 

It's official.  I signed my life away this morning, or at least the next 6 years of it.

Now I've got everyone stopping by my office to look at the Cpl wearing the greens, with the blue Tshirt.  What a culture shock, that's for sure, and I'm still in my own space!

My house is tentatively scheduled to be packed up and put into storage next week.  Just in time for me to pack to go home for XMas leave.  And on the horizon, the New Year, with my new life. :)

Let me be the first to congrat you on the new "official" moniker Airmich!!  :cheers:

Congrats Mich..

Now HoM and I can make slightly less fun of you now that your out of that seafaring trade  ;)

Back