• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Army.ca Style

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Folks,

I have updated the Army.ca forums style. The new format is a bit more compact and simplistic in it's layout, and hopefully a step in the right direction. I may have missed the odd thing here or there though, so if anyone notices things that seem out of place or look wonky, please let me know.

Feedback on the new style (good or bad) is also welcome.

Cheers
Mike

Looks great Mike,

You can tell you've been hard at work.

Bigger font for the older folks....cough...cough..er i mean more experienced members among us  ;)  :salute:

cheers

PV

It looks great Mike. Love the menu!

Thanks for a great site.

I see these weird A.A and other symbols on the boards.

Is it my computer?

You've left out the "Last Post" icon to short cut to the last post in the threads.

OK.....after posting that it was on the next page....but wasn't on the previous one......now I have to go find that page.... ;D

Page is:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php#1

Same thing with:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php

The new layout Mike is really good allot easier to find stuff good work .

I notice you have also removed the 'Personal Messages' indicator at the top.  I was always suprised when surfing to see a new PM being indicated at the top.  Will I now have to physically go into the PM folder to check?

No, the PM in the menu bar will show how many unread PMs you have. E.G.:

Code:
 	 Home  	   	 Help   	 Search   	 PM [3]   	 Admin   	 Profile   	 Calendar   	 Members   	 Logout

Where were the last post icons available before?

"Last Post" icons used to be to the right side of the Posts column.  They are on some pages, but not all.

They don't appear on the Main Indexes anymore, but are in the Sub Forums.

Good work, Mike.  MUCH easier to read.

Almost blew my eyes out when I opened it up this morning - I already had text "enlarged" in my browser as I'm still getting used to my new bifocals!  The browser is now set to "normal" text size everything is very clear and legible.

Thanks.

Ah good, was wondering about the PM thing. Now that that's settled, this is a much better layout. Looks cleaner and sharper.

George Wallace said:
"Last Post" icons used to be to the right side of the Posts column.  They are on some pages, but not all.

They don't appear on the Main Indexes anymore, but are in the Sub Forums.

George, do you have a link to a page which shows a last post icon?

Thanks
Mike

Well, now I have to go back and edit all those posts that say the search function is in the upper left corner ........

The site looks great.  It's sharper and far more easy to read.  Great work Mike.

PJ D-Dog

"Please use the search for search button located by the search button."

The new layout is sexy, however, is there an option or can there be an option to display the old one?

Sorry, the maintenance required to keep both the old and the new styles up to date for upgrades and improvements would be doubled, so I've decided to stick to just one. The new style is part of the upgrade that took place earlier this week, so some of the new features already don't work in the old style.

Cheers
Mike

George,

I see the "Last Post" indicators at the far right of the board view, in the "Last Post" icon.

Cheers
Mike

Back