• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New dining hall for CFB Borden..

DCRabbit

Inactive
Reaction score
I was reading the Borden Citizen today and on page 6 there's an announcement of a new dining hall. I haven't heard anything or seen anything about this.. has anyone else? Looks nice.. wish they had it when I was working for Base Foods. I hated roach patrol.  :p

captd said:
It is part of the 5 year expansion plan.

Ah, okay. Usually the gov't makes a big deal of such things and there was nothing. Thank you kindly.

About time - the other messes there sucked.  Wonder if this announcement means they're closing the base now  >:D?

MM

medicineman said:
About time - the other messes there sucked.  Wonder if this announcement means they're closing the base now  >:D?

MM

That is a ways off still.  Toronto hasn't quite swallowed it up yet.

medicineman said:

MM

Maple Mess wasn't bad. But A153 and the one on the hill above the Rod and Gun Club... oyyy.. never wanna work there again.

George Wallace said:
That is a ways off still.  Toronto hasn't quite swallowed it up yet.

TO is still working on digesting Canada's Wonderland. Man, I remember when that was way out in the boonies. Actually, Barrie and TO are working on meeting up at Innisfil in a Lady and the Tramp moment.

DCRabbit said:
Maple Mess wasn't bad. But A153 and the one on the hill above the Rod and Gun Club... oyyy.. never wanna work there again.

I used to have to eat in O110 when it was a mess and T116 - wind and goats come to mind.  Food was almost as bad as the non-recruit mess in St Jean.  On my 6B, I had to inspect T116 - I'll leave it at that.

MM

medicineman said:
I used to have to eat in O110 when it was a mess and T116 - wind and goats come to mind.  Food was almost as bad as the non-recruit mess in St Jean.  On my 6B, I had to inspect T116 - I'll leave it at that.

MM

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't find O-110 bad when we had to eat there one summer cos they were redoing the kitchen in our PMQ.. but that was in the 80s. T-116.. that was it, thanks. I had nothing to do with cooking the food.. I was just a lowly potwasher.. he who did everything nobody else wanted to do. Again, back in the late 80s.

medicineman said:

MM
O110 was that the one that as by the Canex?

Yep, I'm still traumatized by that place. Not only did I have to draw my meals there, I had to spend 23 weekends ( of a 26 week long 3's course) in there  as a pearl diver! Many, many years later, I was asked by the CFRG CWO whether I had ever visited the building before, in response, I was able to state with some degree of certainty that his office was right over the grease trap that I spent many long hours mucking out when I was a Private!  >:D
MCpl KB and WO DS, it's been almost 35 years and I still think you're both cocks....

DCRabbit said:
Sorry for the late reply. I didn't find O-110 bad when we had to eat there one summer cos they were redoing the kitchen in our PMQ.. but that was in the 80s. T-116.. that was it, thanks. I had nothing to do with cooking the food.. I was just a lowly potwasher.. he who did everything nobody else wanted to do. Again, back in the late 80s.

I did my 3's in 89...I know M9C, that was not that long ago comparitively  >:D, but it still sucked arse.  Steaks were like combat boots on Thursday nights.

MM

M9C-

How are you enjoying "flat-faced civvy-hood"?

I'll bet that you miss French classes and PERs already!  >:D

One more hair cut and I pick up my retirement leave pass.  That gives me enough time to wander around the 'yard in 3s topped off with my goretex rain jacket, I've got to take every opportunity to torque MM ( he spent far too much time with Canada's other English language infantry regiment).  Why did you have to pick that French course scab, it had just about healed over!

Unless something retarded occurs, I'll be at the event next week...Dan B from over with my mob is threatening to come out too.

MM

mikeninercharlie said:
Yep, I'm still traumatized by that place. Not only did I have to draw my meals there, I had to spend 23 weekends ( of a 26 week long 3's course) in there  as a pearl diver! Many, many years later, I was asked by the CFRG CWO whether I had ever visited the building before, in response, I was able to state with some degree of certainty that his office was right over the grease trap that I spent many long hours mucking out when I was a Private!  >:D
MCpl KB and WO DS, it's been almost 35 years and I still think you're both cocks....

So you didn't learn anything about not sticking your dick in the fan between your 3s (you were on the one after mine, right - or the one following that?) and our somewhat infamous 5s "perversion" course.  However, I only spent three weekends pearl diving at O-110 on my 3s.  But I do remember the MCpl at that kitchen who had the brilliant idea to serve "sweet and sour luncheon meat" (i.e. chunks of canned KLIK in something sweet and sticky from another can) as the only entree for the Sunday supper meal.  Nearly caused a mutiny - who called that cook a c*** . . . who called that c*** a cook.

I remember eating at O-110, cause I worked at Base Maint that was my assigned mess 85 - 88. Now I remember why I drank so much in those days. :p I will say though during the time that the cook school had to use that kitchen the meals were much much better.

Back