• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Forums & Sub-Forums? The Evolution of Army.ca

done

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi, was there a change lately that I wasn't aware of?? 

I can't get access to the Army News Section, it says: "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."  :'(

Frank

It's been found that "Current Affairs" and "News" tend to attract the same types of threads, namely Current Events with or without a news article attached.  Thus, to consoldate threads, the two forums were merged.  Many of the other threads put in current affairs often dealt with equipment issues, personnel questions and current training stories and pictures.  These topics now all have their own threads (Equipment, Army Administration, Training).

This is all in an effort to make it easier to tell where to post and find different topics.

It's a bit of a challenge to strike the balance between having boards for each primary area of discussion and having too many boards cluttering up the forums...

No critisism Mike. As usual here, the change is probably well though out and most certainly for the better.

Keep up the excellent work you're doing for us here at the forum.

Slim

Don't worry, I don't take things persoanlly. Feedback (both good and bad) helps shape the way the site develops, so don't be shy. ;)

What about a forum where military promotions and awards are mentioned?

MCG, what's your current recommendation for a Combat Arms reorg?

It has not been the #1 selection, but I recommend a Combat Arms board with existing combat arms boards become sub-boards.  I think it is the option most reflective of the traffic we have here, and it would make the front page that little bit smaller & more manageable.

Anyone else have strong opinions before we give it a try?

I thought we would have heard a few strong opinions by now.

Seems like everyone is firmly apathetic about this one!

If it makes you feel better Mike, i think the site is great as it is...i seen it change over the years and i like it just fine like this , keep it up.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Navy / Air Force / Joint forums separated.

You could probably leave the main forum as is and put sub-boards in like it is currently in the Equipment forum.

It would make it easier for the Navy and Air Force posts to be browsed.

Would I be able to request we change the name from Army Cadets to Cadets or something along that line as the viewwers have become more diverse and are no longer purely army.

Give it a shot.  We can always switch back if we find that the "arms" threads are being ignored.

Burrows said:
Would I be able to request we change the name from Army Cadets to Cadets or something along that line as the viewwers have become more diverse and are no longer purely army.

How about Cadets/CIC? Or something along those lines?

Ok, all the above changes have been implemented. Mods, if you have the time we may want to seed the new Navy and Air Force forums with some existing threads.

Please let me know if you have any feedback on the new layout.

Cheers
Mike

Another idea for a sub forum is one for military sales to Canada be it large or small.

Because there is one all-singing all-dancing cadet & CIC board.

Back