• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New Forums & Sub-Forums? The Evolution of Army.ca

done

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think there should be a Navy/Airforce forum! I know this is an army site but im sure it couldn't hurt to put a small forum section dedicated to the Navy/Airforce.

-Nordwind  :cdn:

I agree with Yard Ape on a combined-arms type of forum so there could be a good discussion group amongst the combat arms. Would be very helpful for tactics, vehicle info, weapons, and also for those looking for assistance when teaching a class and don't have the benefit of a local SME (subject matter expert) to help them. I was toying with the idea of starting a webpage for leaders in the CF, to help each other with leadership issues, much like an American website that I found: http://www.ncoteam.org/ . Something like that on this board would be nice (and I wouldn't have to do any heavy lifting 8) )

Al

That's sort of where the Military Related forum fits in... Maybe it should be renamed or split...? Anyone else have an opinion here?

I've often thought the combat arms should all be together and that the air force /navy should also have their own[even though crayon does'nt work on the web ;D] so that the traffic is more concentrated.
BRUCE

Having a Navy & Airforce forum would be great.  There is no forums out there I can find for them and if there is, I don't think they compare to this one.

Alright, let's give it a shot:

http://army.ca/forums/index.php/board,27.0

Cheers
Mike

Woohoo!! Thanks alot Mike!! You truly are God!!   ;D

-Nordwind   :cdn:

A new forum has been added where users can buy, sell or trade their military paraphernalia. It's set up as a test initially, to see if there's any interest. The intent is to allow Army.ca users to swap gear with other Canadians (or worldwide military enthusiasts), without having to search the 'net to find buyers or sellers.

The new forum is located here. Don't forget to read the rules before posting.

great idea mike...............

should be better than duking it out with the snipers  :sniper:

Thanks. I figured this is the best way to get rid of all my junk. ;)

So what are the "child boards" than?

....[to quote Booker T]...tell me you did'nt say that... :D

Maybe that means something to you comp. guys but to "ungeeks" like me the last thing I want to hear about is more "child boards" on this forum.  [tried a little sarcasm and like Johny Carson would say..."oop's bombo"!]

A "child board" is simply a board that exists under another board. It's like a hierarchy... Seemed to make sense in a couple of cases...

Oh.  Maybe "sub board" sounds a bit better; child board just seems to represent an area for kids.

I nominate the Navy & Air Force forum to also be home to joint forces (those that are a combination of Army, Navy, and Air elements).

Bruce Monkhouse said:
I've often thought the combat arms should all be together
I prefer to see them seperate (as is), but I would also be a frequent contributor to a all combat arms forum.

McG said:
A 'weapons' forum would no doubt see a lot of traffic, but would it do better if it were part of a larger forum that covered all the tools of the trade (vehicles, clothing, radios, individual kit, etc)?  Would there be enough traffic for a 'weapons' forum and a separate 'kit & vehicles' forum?
This furom grows so fast I think it could have been two or three.  Maybe in a new forum group (like The Orderly Room,The Parade Square, and The Field) that could be called The Quatermaster Stores (I know the QM does not hold vehicles, but its the best I could think of).  In the forum group could be:

1)  Weapons
2)  Vehicles
3)  Kit & Equipment
4)  Buy, Sell, Trade (or "cash sales")

Back