• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New reenactment group Vancouver Rifle Regiment

recceguy said:
Looks like you guys have a pretty good organisation going. [:)

Better organized than LFWA (or whatever they are called now...) is in some aspects!  Probably have some kit that has better serviceability as well!  >:D

I think this is a neat idea, personally.  I say BZ to the effort that has gone into this to date.

Now, if you could get a group to re-enact the UN, you could go to Ops really far away from your home, but not be able to take the kit you need, and...

recceguy said:
Looks like you guys have a pretty good organisation going. [:)
NorthernNick said:
This looks super cool. Would totally be into that if I hadn't just moved to 100 Mile House. Use to live in the Greater Vancouver area. Keep it up!
Eye In The Sky said:
Better organized than LFWA (or whatever they are called now...) is in some aspects!  Probably have some kit that has better serviceability as well!  >:D

I think this is a neat idea, personally.  I say BZ to the effort that has gone into this to date.

Now, if you could get a group to re-enact the UN, you could go to Ops really far away from your home, but not be able to take the kit you need, and...

Thank you for the Compliments, we strive to stay correct. Though we sometime miss a detail here and there.

Eye In The Sky - We have contemplated reenacting UN events with UN equipment but have received negative feedback and backlash in regards to it, so we will not be doing so at this time. Sorry for that.
As for "LFWA" do you mean "Land Force Western Area" now 3rd Canadian Division? I did hear that their trailers and LSVW's are Unserviceable. :'(

Colin P said:
I have one of those rain jackets if one of your guys in North Vancouver wants one.
Colin P - We don't have any Members in the North Van Area at this time unfortunately, however we can add it to our team supply if you wish. 

We will be attending an Op on Nov, 29th hosted by Omega Op's if anyone is looking to meet a few members we will be at Panther Action Sports Park, Hope to see a few of you there!

a couple new photos since December,

One of our more recent members showing trigger control.

Danjanou, it looks like we still attempted to play some video games, to no avail however. ;D

It's not authentic until you blow someone up with an immersion heater at about 4am.

You DO have immersion heaters, don't you?

daftandbarmy said:
It's not authentic until you blow someone up with an immersion heater at about 4am.

You DO have immersion heaters, don't you?

Oops was that you I blew up in Wainwright in 89'?  Sorry about that...

Naah I think it was me that blew it up in his face about 10-12 years earlier.  He still bitches about it  ;D

Danjanou said:
Naah I think it was me that blew it up in his face about 10-12 years earlier.  He still bitches about it  ;D

What happens on the range in Squamish, stays on the range in Squamish... or the lawyers will get involved :)

daftandbarmy said:
What happens on the range in Squamish, stays on the range in Squamish... or the lawyers will get involved :)

Especially the wake up calls eh, I can't believe how young and Innocent we were then.

Here a couple more recent photo's from a training day we hosted.

Training on the unit's new C9A1 was also done.

Some Photos from an Event we were invited to at Legion Branch #6 in Cloverdale, BC

We also has a display inside shared with CMEC

Also a Congratulations to our newest Branch
The Newfoundland Fusiliers
Here is a picture of their Camp flag and Crest.

I am curious about the FNs, although they are non-Canadian (full body covers and standard rear sights).

This brings back memories of Cornwallis, Wainwright, Lahr etc. Bloody hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When they acquire a Kiowa, I'll join.

I figured airsoft, but was not sure. I found a Metric FAL copy, discontinued, at:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_486_404&products_id=9767

http://www.wolverineqtg.com/products/airsoft/rifles/automatic-electric-guns/king-arms/22-fal-full-length

and a Brit L1A1 copy at:

http://www.evike.com/products/32599/.

Both are discontinued.

They probably cost more than I paid for my Australian L1A1 in 1990.

RocketRichard said:
This brings back memories of Cornwallis, Wainwright, Lahr etc. Bloody hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not authentic unless you've got a giant, yellow, melmac plate jammed in your butt ...pack...

Loachman said:
I am curious about the FNs, although they are non-Canadian (full body covers and standard rear sights).

I don't know about you guys, but I'm eye-ing up those Mk IIIs.  >:D

Dimsum said:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm eye-ing up those Mk IIIs.  >:D
My thought too --- "oohhh....combat boots.  They probably fit and don't trash their feet"  [OK, except maybe on day two of the '2 by 10,'  but the inevitable hangover masked that]

Well done, it brings back memories  [:D

At the rate things are going we might have to stand your unit up to flesh out 39th Brigade abilty to respond.  [:p

Back